School of Agriculture, Environment, Water & Natural Resources, Department of Environmental Science and Land Resources Management
Primary Discipline: Ecology
Degrees Awarded: [Note: List highest degree awarded first]
- Ph.D (Agroecology – University of Otago, New Zealand)
- MSc. Waste Management with Environmental Management (University of the West of Scotland - UK)
- P.G.D.E. (Post Graduate Diploma in Education – Egerton University)
- BSc. (Biology – Maseno University)
Current Professional/Scientific Interests, Memberships, and Activities:
- Member of NEMA, British Ecological Society, Environmental Institute of Kenya.
Research, Scholarly, Professional and Scientific Activities
- Gakweli, A., Gikuma-Njuru, P., & Manono, B. O. (2021). Effects of salt harvesting on ground water quality in Gongoni Ward, Kilifi County, Kenya. Asian Journal of Environment & Ecology, 57-65.
- Kalovoto, D. M., Kimiti, J. M., & Manono, B. O. (2020). Agroforestry technologies practiced by women in Makindu and Nguumo locations to counteract the effects of climate change and variability, Makindu sub country, Makueni country, Kenya.
- Kalovoto, D. M., Kimiti, J. M., & Manono, B. O. (2020). Influence of women empowerment on adoption of agroforestry technologies to counter climate change and variability in semi-arid Makueni County, Kenya.
- Manono, B. O., Moller, H., Benge, J., Carey, P., Lucock, D., & Manhire, J. (2019). Assessment of soil properties and earthworms in organic and conventional farming systems after seven years of dairy farm conversions in New Zealand. Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems, 43(6) 678-704.
- Manono, B. O., Moller, H., & Morgan, R. (2016). Effects of irrigation, dairy effluent dispersal and stocking on soil properties of the Waimate District, New Zealand. Geoderma Regional, 7(1), 59-66.
- Manono, B. O. (2016). Agro-ecological role of earthworms (Oligochaetes) in sustainable agriculture and nutrient use efficiency: A review. J. Agric. Ecol. Res. Int, 8, 1-18.
- Manono, B. O. (2016). New Zealand dairy farm effluent, irrigation and soil biota management for sustainability: Farmer priorities and monitoring. Cogent Food & Agriculture, 2(1), 1221636.
- Manono, B. O. (2016). Carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide and methane emissions from the Waimate District (New Zealand) pasture soils as influenced by irrigation, effluent dispersal and earthworms. Cogent Environmental Science, 2(1), 1256564.
- Manono, B. O., & Moller, H. (2015). Effects of stock type, irrigation and effluent dispersal on earthworm species composition, densities and biomasses in New Zealand pastures. Pedobiologia, 58(5-6), 187-193.
- Manono, B. O. (2014). Effects of irrigation, effluent dispersal and organic farming on earthworms and soil microbes in New Zealand dairy farms (Doctoral dissertation, University of Otago).
- Manono B. O. (2009) Managing the quality of rural drinking water through community spring protection – case of Kisii, Western Kenya. (Masters thesis, University of the West of Scotland).
Postal address, Tel or Mobile, email etc
P.O. Box 170-90200, Kitui; 15599-00100, Nairobi