Specialization: Irrigation and drainage
contacts: Tel. +254-0712625546 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2006 – 2008: M.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering (Irrigation and Drainage Engineering Option), University of São Paulo (USP), Campus Escola Superior de Agricultura, ‘Luiz de Queiroz’ (ESALQ), Brazil.
- 1997 – 2000: B.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering Upper Division) Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) Kenya.
- 2010- to- date: Assistant Lecturer, School of Water Resource Science Technology, South Eastern Kenya University, Kitui, Kenya.
- 2008 – 2010: Water Resource and Irrigation Engineer, GIBB Africa Ltd, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2006 – 2007: Tutorial Fellow, University of Sao Paulo, Department of Rural Engineering, Brazil.
- 2003 – 2005: District Irrigation Engineer, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Food Security, Malawi.
- 2002 – 2003: Water Management Officer, Centre for Research in Agro forestry (ICRAF), World Agro forestry Centre, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2001 – 2002: Capacity Building Officer, Love International Kenya (LIK), Kenya.
- May 2003: Drip Irrigation/Horticultural Consultant, Kenya Rainwater Association (KRA)’s Ndeiya Karai Integrated Rainwater Project, Kenya.
- Kalungu J.W., Filho W.L and Mwangi (2011): Responding to Food Production Challenges in the Face of Global Warming at Community Level in Kenya: The role of a local University, submitted as chapter to a book, to be published by Springer “Sustainable food security in the era of local and global environmental change” by Mohamed Behnassi, Olaf Pollmann, Gabrielle Kissinger.
- Kalungu J.W, et al. (2013), Exploring gender dynamics on perception of climate change on farming with focus groups in Machakos and Makueni Counties, Kenya, submitted for 27th SSSEA conference paper, to be held, October, Naivasha, Kenya
- Kalungu J.W et al. (2013), Smallholder Farmers’ Perception of the Impacts of Climate Change and Variability on Rain-fed Agricultural Practices in Semi-arid and Sub-humid Regions of Kenya, Journal of environmental and earth science, ISSN 2224-3216 (Paper), ISSN 2225-09048 (ONLINE ), Volume 3. No. 7.
- Kalungu J. W., D. Mburu, K. Mwetu (2011): Food Dilemma, responding to food production Challenges at the face of global warming at AAS-TWAS-ROSSA Conference on Climate Change and food security’, February at Hilton Hotel, Kenya
- Kalungu J. W, R.O Monteiro and R.D Coelho (2010): Irrigation technology in South Africa and Kenya (Tecnologia da irrigação na África do Sul e no Quênia), Ciência Rural, Santa Maria, Online, CR-3212, ISSN 0103-8478, Received 02.28.10 Approved 08.23.10.
- Kalungu, J.W. et al (2012). Irrigation application depths and potassium doses on tomatoes under protected environment in Southeast Brazil. Revista de Agricultura (Piracicaba), v. 87, p. 100-110, 2012.
- Kalungu, J.W et al. (2008), Effect of irrigation water depths and fertigation to tomato yield and water use efficiency in south east Brazil. Proceedings of the International Conference of Agricultural Engineering, XXXVII Brazilian Congress of Agricultural Engineering, International Livestock Environment Symposium - ILES VIII, Iguassu Falls City, Brazil, 31st August to 4th September, 2008.
- Kalungu, J.W. 2008. Effect of different drip irrigation application depths and potassium doses on tomatoes grown in greenhouse under two soil cover conditions in São Paulo, Brazil. Published M.Sc. thesis, University of São Paulo, Campus Escola Superior de Agricultura, ‘Luiz de Queiroz’ (ESALQ), Brazil.
- Kalungu, J.W., R.O. Monteiro, R.D. Coelho and M.V. Folegatti. 2007. Irrigation technology in South Africa and Kenya. In: International Conference for Agricultural Engineers, 30 July – 03 August 2007, Bonito, Mato Grosso, Brazil, p. 1-4.
- Kalungu, J.W.; H.R Luiz, R.M. Sánchez-Román, R.D. Coelho, M.V. Folegatti. 2007. Localized loss in emitter’s Connections (drip irrigation) at International Conference for Agricultural Engineers, 30 July – 03 August , Bonito, Mato Grosso, Brazil. p. 1-4.
- Kalungu, J.W., H.R Luiz, R.M. Sánchez-Román, R.D. Coelho and M.V. Folegatti. 2007. Dynamics of the Resistance of Different Drip Tubes to the Clogging of Chemical Precipitation of Potassium Carbonate at International Conference for Agricultural Engineers, 30 July – 03 August, Bonito, Mato Grosso, Brazil. p. 1-4.
- Kalungu, J.W., H.R. Luiz, C.A. Zolin, R.D. Coelho and M.V. Folegatti. 2007. Effects of global warming in Africa’s irrigation systems. Paper presented at Brazilian Symposium of Natural Disasters and Technology (2º SIBRADEN), 9 - 13 December, Santos – SP, Brazil, p. 1-8.