Designation: Tutorial Fellow
Department: Geology and Meteorology
Areas of Expertise
Career geologist with expertise in the following areas; Mineral Exploration, Mining, Economic Geology, Structural Geology, GIS and Remote Sensing.
- M.Sc. Mineral Exploration and Mining - South Eastern Kenya University, 2016 - 2020
- B.Sc. Geology - South Eastern Kenya University, 2011 - 2014
Conferences and Workshops
I have participated and presented papers in the following conferences and workshops.
- Conference, Postgraduate training, research and innovation in transforming lives, South Eastern Kenya University, 16th to 19th November 2020.
- Seminar, Geotechnical seminar on Rock mass classification, pit slope design and underground stability, 6th to 7th May 2021.
- Webinar, From Infrastructure to Development Corridors; Water security in the Standard Gauge Railway corridor, Kenya, 13th September, 2021.
- Seminar, MATLAB recipes for Earth Sciences, 20th to 24th September 2021 by Prof. Martin H. Trauth.
- Webinar, Geosciences and the Sustainable Development Goals, 28th September, 2021.
- Webinar, Opportunities for oil and gas in the Geothermal sector; Spotlight on East Africa, 7th October 2021.
- Seminar, Groundwater recharge and the amplification of rainfall extremes under climate change by Prof. Richard Taylor, University College London, 3rd February 2022.
- Webinar, The magmatic evolution, eruptive history and geothermal reservoir assessment of the Paka volcano, Northern Kenya Rift by Dr. Geoffrey Mibei, 2nd March 2022.
- Webinar, Observed urban groundwater contamination from heavy rainfalls: evidence from Uganda and Senegal, 3rd March 2022.
- Conference, African Energy and Mineral Management Initiative, 25th March 2022.
Honours and Awards
- Awarded by South Eastern Kenya University for being the best geology student in the graduating class of 2014.
- Member of the Geological Society of Kenya.
- 2017: Exploration and Development of Geothermal Resources - facilitated by UNU-GTP, GDC and KENGEN
- 2018: Spatial modeler in ERDAS Imagine – facilitated by OAKAR Services at Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2021: Satellite ground receiving stations and Remote Sensing technology application –facilitated by China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and China-Pakistan Joint Research Centre on Earth Sciences (CPJRC).
- Geology and Economic Mineralization of the Neoproterozoic Mozambique Belt Rocks of the Mwitika-Makongo Area, Kitui County, South Eastern Kenya. (MSc. Thesis).
- Lincoln. K. Githenya, P. C. Kariuki and A. K. Waswa (2019) –Application of Remote Sensing in mapping hydrothermal alteration zones and geological structures as areas of economic mineralization in Mwitika-Makongo Area, SE Kenya.
- Githenya LK, Mathu EM, Kariuki PC, and Waita J (2021) –Integration of Remote Sensing and Geological Mapping for Economic Mineralization Mapping in Mwitika-Makongo Area, Kitui County.