South Eastern Kenya University Director, Resource Mobilization
Planning and Development
International Development Management
- PhD Public Administration, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa,2015
- MSc Development Studies, Moi University, Eldoret,2011
- Master of Business Administration, Kenyatta University, 2007
- BSc Range Management, University of Nairobi, 1997
Other Credentials/Recognitions & Awards
- Diploma in Community Development, Coady International Institute, 2003
- Certificate in Project Management, British Council, 2005
- Certificate in Performance Management, Know How International, 2007
- Certificate in Security and Safety in the Field Environments, United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), 2015.
Current Professional/Scientific Interests, Memberships, and Activities:
- Member of the International Development Evaluation Association (IDEAS), Johannesburg, 2014
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) ID NO 42882, Nairobi, 2009
Research, Scholarly, Professional and Scientific Activities
- Mutukaa S.K (2017). Monitoring and Evaluation Methods: A Results-Based Management Approach to Community Development Projects. M&E Handbook under publication
- Gichara, R. W & Mutukaa, S.K. Impact of External Business Environment on Training of Nurses at Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital, Eldoret. International Journal of Human Resource Studies, ISSN 2162-3058, Vol. 6, No. 2. April, 2016.
- Mutukaa S.K. A Comprehensive Booklet of Good practices for Community Mobilization for support of Child Friendly Schools (CFS) in South Sudan. United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) South Sudan Education Programme with a financial support from the Department for International Development (DFID), 2015
- Mutukaa S.K. A Comprehensive Booklet of Good lessons learnt in School Construction and Development of Child Friendly Schools (CFS) in South Sudan. United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) South Sudan Education Programme with a financial support from the Department for International Development (DFID), 2015.
- Mutukaa S.K. & Munyua J.K. The Role of the Church in Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Development in Africa. Challenges and Opportunities. Journal of African Ecclesial Review (AFER). ISSN 0250-4650. Vol. 58, No. 1 & 2 March, 2016.
- Mutukaa S.K & Mugangizi, B.C. Project Implementation in a Decentralized State: Lessons from the CDF Funded Food security Projects in Kenya. Uganda Journal of Management and Public Policy, August, 2015
- Mutukaa, S. K. & Mugangizi, B. C. Institutions and Food Security: The contribution of Community Based Organization’s in Kenya’s rural areas. Journal of Public Administration. ISSN: 0036-0767, Volume 49, NO.21 June 2014.
- Mutukaa S.K. & Mugangizi, B. C. Utilization of Monitoring and Evaluation Systems for good Governance in the Public Sector: Challenges and Opportunities for Kenya, 2012.
- Mutukaa S.K. Factors affecting utilization of Natural Resources for Sustainable Rural livelihoods in Kenya. A case of Tseikuru Division, Mwingi district. MSc Thesis in Development, Studies, School of HRD, Moi University, Kenya, 2011.