Lane 26, Ruaka, 16673-00100 Nairobi (Kenya)
- 25/04/2018–Present Tutorial Fellow at South Eastern Kenya University, Kitui (Kenya)
- Lecturing, marking essays and assignments
- Be available for consultations
- Conducting research and laboratory experiments
- Continuing with further studies
- 30/05/2014–24/04/2018 Graduate Teaching Assistant at South Eastern Kenya University, Kitui (Kenya)
- Teaching and assessing undergraduate in areas of specialization
- Conducting practical work and marking assignments
- Pursue further training, studies and opportunities
- 30/06/2013–31/12/2013 Research Assistant at ICIPE, Kitui (Kenya)
- Data collection that was used to compare the behavior, health and productivity of colonies housed in log, Kenya Top Bar (KTB) and Langstroth hives. Data collected included absconding, colony growth (weights), honey yields and varroa mites loads.
- Assessing the attractiveness of hive types to migrating swarms: data used here was used to determine time to occupation and number of occupied hives per hive type.
Education and training
- 2016–2018 Msc. Livestock Production Systems - South Eastern Kenya University, Kitui (Kenya)
- 2014–2014 Certificate in Environmental Impact Assessment - South Eastern Kenya University, Kitui (Kenya)
- 2010–2014 Bsc (Hons) Range Management - South Eastern Kenya University, Kitui (Kenya)
- 13/02/2008–15/11/2008 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education - Kikima Secondary School (Kenya)
- English, Kiswahili, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Christian Religious Education and Business studies
Job-related skills mentoring skills R
Responsible for the training and mentoring of new staff and students self motivation - I was the best student in the combined graduating class of both BSc. Range
Management and BSc. Agriculture and I was employed as a graduate teaching assistant in the university.
- Ngila, P. M., Njarui, D. M., Musimba, N. K., & Njunie, M. (2016). Performance of Galla goats fed different cultivars of Brachiaria in the coastal lowlands of Kenya.
- Ngila, P. M., Njarui, D. M. G., Musimba, N. K. R., & Njunie, M. N. (2016). Change in growth of Galla goats fed selected Brachiaria grass cultivars in the coastal lowlands of Kenya. Climate Smart Brachiaria Grasses for Improving Livestock Production in East Africa Kenya ‒ Experience, 238.
Climate Smart Brachiaria Grasses for Improving Livestock Production in East Africa - Kenya Experience
Regional Training Workshop on putting pastoralism at the centre of policy debate through total economic valuation in IGAD region 22nd to 24th October 2018, Naivasha Kenya.