P.O Box 333600-00100 Nairobi
An enthusiastic professional who takes great pride in her ability to successfully deliver and plan lessons effectively. Benta is experienced, and passionate about giving students the best possible education in life, and enjoys working in a busy environment and relishes the challenge of managing a diverse workload. Posses vast experience of coordinating and managing all project activity, providing clear guidance and leadership to a team and ensuring that all project requirements are fully met. A confident communicator with strong interpersonal and analytical skills. I always stay up to date with changes and developments in the profession fundamentally committed to good practice and innovation and very much a team player. Always engaged in continuous learning in order to broaden her knowledge and experience. She is now looking for a career advancement opportunity with an organization that will challenge her problem solving skills and allow her to develop his knowledge and potential further.
- 2017-to date South Eastern Kenya University (Tutorial fellow), Teaching units;Food processing, preservation and nutritional quality, Human nutrient requirements, Food legislation, Nutritional epidemiology Nutritional programme planning and management, Health sector analysis Nutrition problem diagnosis, Dietetics in food service systems
- Prepare the assigned lessons, teach and asses the students. Prepare examination items, Conduct and supervise examinations, participate in development of curriculum and any other duty
- Sept- 2017 to date Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST)Position: Part-Time Lecturer. Teaching units; Community Nutrition and Health, Sociology of foods and Nutrition
- Prepare the assigned lessons, teach and asses the students.
- Prepare examination items, Conduct and supervise examinations and any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- March 2016- to date Solidaridad Eastern and Central Africa Expertise Centre (SECAEC)
Position: Agri-Nutrition Consultant FOSEK
- To deliver trainings to Trainer of Trainers (TOTs) on Agri-nutrition in Bungoma and Muhoroni , guided by the training curriculum and materials provided by USAID/MOA/MPH Agri-Nutrition tool
- Link the face-to-face training and Mobile extension service provisionmmethodology
- Deliver basics of good Nutrition, at Household level, based on the USAID/MOA/MPH Agri-Nutrition tool
- Develop training Aids, to assist in training of the TOTs, for effective adoption and transfer of the same to promoter farmers
- Develop a training evaluation questionnaire, to be used in each training session, to assess the delivery and understanding by the trainees
- Develop training reports after every training sessions
- 2012-to date Technical University of Kenya. Position : Sessional Assistant Lecturer. Teaching units Integrated management of acute malnutrition, global contemporary issues in nutrition and Dietetics, Malnutrition in the community Principles of human nutrition, Diet therapy, Nutrition in the life cycle
Nutritional epidemiology, Nutrition education and counselling,
- Working as part of a team with fellow lecturers in charge of maintaining a well organized, student friendly & interactive learning environment.
- Prepare the assigned lessons, teach and asses the students. Supervise projects, •Prepare examination items, Conduct and supervise examinations and any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- 2014- 2016 South Eastern Kenya University Position: Part- time Lecturer. Teaching units;Food processing, preservation and nutritional quality, Human nutrient requirements, Food legislation, Nutritional epidemiology Nutritional programme planning and management, Health sector analysis Nutrition problem diagnosis, Dietetics in food service systems
- Prepare the assigned lessons, teach and asses the students. Prepare examination items, Conduct and supervise examinations, participate in development of curriculum and any other duty.
- 2011-2013 Women Fighting Aids in Kenya (WOFAK)
- Training Orphan Support Staff and Community Health Workers on ART clinical monitoring and support for better utilization of ART among PLWHA.
- Coordinating Nutrition education and counselling sessions in the community. •Provide evidence-based advice and recommendations on Nutrition, procedure, guidelines, tools and standards directed towards improvement of nutrition for PLWHA. Involved in the formulation of departmental policies, standards and procedures. Contacting patients on an outpatient basis to ensure compliance of diet.
- Feb-March 2011 University of Nairobi. Position: Project coordinator
- Implementation and management of Nutrition survey, besides providing training, supervisory role of the research staff of Research aimed at Analyzing Consumption of snack and its effects on nutritional status of teenagers aged 13-19 years in boarding schools in Kenya
- Defining project scope, objectives, milestones and deliverables
- Maintaining and completing project key performance indicators
- Ensuring project requirements are suitably defined, understood and signed off.
- Pro-actively manage project risks and issues and minimize their impact on the project
- Regularly communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders and use their feedback to optimize progress
- March -2009 – June 2009 World Vision Kenya. Position: Project Assistant. Duties Involved: Review Reports from Different Area Development Programmes, conducting variance analysis. Evaluation of Health project reports
- Feb - July 2008 Nutrition without borders Position: Nutrition consultant
- Prescribing diet regimes for patients with special needs, conducting nutrition counselling, education and health talks. Helping clients to make informed & practical choices about their food & health... Assessing, treating and evaluating patients referred to the Dietetic Service. Ensuring that each patient has an individually tailored care plan to meet their needs. Involved in the dietary treatment of disease and health conditions. Liaising with nursing staff to provide special therapeutic diets and feeds. Undertaking comprehensive assessment of a patients’ nutritional condition. Instructing patients and carers clearly on what to eat and when Managing the weight of overweight patients. Collecting patient data for surveys, analysing it and producing reports.
- 2016- to date Registered for PhD at the University of Nairobi
- 2009-2011 Masters in Applied Human Nutrition, University of Nairobi
- 2005-2009 Bsc. Food Science Nutrition and Dietetics (First Class Honours) University of Nairobi
- MAY-2009 Certificate in Management of Severe, Acute Malnutrition Ministry of Public Health
- APRIL-2009 Certificate Basic HIV Counselling And Testing University of Nairobi Health Training Services
- 2004-2005 Certified public account (C.P.A Part 1). Kenya College of Accountancy university
- 2000-2003 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education. Results: A – Minus St Georges’ Secondary School
- 1991-1999 : Kenya Certificate Of Primary Education Baba dogo Primary School
Trainings /workshops/symposia Attended
- November 2009 International Humanitarian Law Workshop by the Red Cross society of Kenya
- September 2004 Revamping the economy workshop at KCA University
Membership to professional associations /bodies
- 2014 to date Kenya Nutritionist and Dietician Institute
Unpublished research paper
- Hospital Malnutrition and causative factors among in-patients aged 6-59 months. A case of Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi.
On-going Research/ Projects
- Lead Researcher: Impact of Nutrition Education on the Knowledge Attitudes and Practices of People Living With HIV In Siaya County, Kenya.
- Agri-Nutrition Consultant: Food Security Program for Ethiopia and Kenya (FOSEK), financed by the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The program’s main objective is to improve food security in East Africa by increasing local agricultural production and the income of small scale coffee farmers in Kenya and Ethiopia