Dr. Vincent O. Ochieng is a lecturer, academic advisor, mentor and programme developer in supply chain management at the School of Business and Economics, South Eastern Kenya University-SEKU. He graduated with Bachelor of Education Degree (2nd Class Hon. Upper Division) from Kenyatta University. He obtained his MSc. (Procurement and Logistics) from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT). He later completed PhD degree (Supply Chain Management) at JKUAT with research focus on the determinants of implementation of supply chain sustainability initiatives among logistics service providers in Kenya. He is a supply chain management researcher with extensive research experience in supply chain sustainability implementation, supplier development, supply chain relationship management and public procurement management training. Vincent is a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) and Certified Institute of Purchasing and Supplies-UK and has been involved in curriculum development and implementation of CPSP (K) and ASP (K) at KISM. He has also participated in various capacity building workshops and regional conferences organised by KISM.
Degrees Degrees Awarded: [Note: List highest degree awarded first]
- PhD, Supply Chain management-JKUAT
- MSc. Procurement and Logistics-JKUAT
- B-Ed- Economics and Business studies
Other Credentials/Recognitions & Awards
Research, Scholarly, Professional and Scientific Activities
- Ochieng, V.O., (2014). The Role of Supplier Development in effectiveness of Procurement Function: A case of National Cereal and Produce Board. International Research Journal of Business and Management 3, 49-62
- Ochieng, V.O., Daniel, W. (2014). Barriers to Effective Implementation of Vendor Managed Inventory among Supermarkets in Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research 3 (4), 319-323 2014
- Ochieng, V.O., Ateka, O. (2014). An Assessment of Factors Influencing Selection of Suppliers of Raw Materials in manufacturing industries in Kenya. A case of The East African Breweries Limited. International Journal of Science and Research, 3 (6), 904-911
- Ochieng, V. O., Ngugi, P. K., & Odhiambo, R. (2018). Firm Resource Orientation and the Implementation of Supply Chain Sustainability Practices in the Logistics Industry. International Journal of Science and Research, 7(3), 213-224
- Ochieng, V. O., Ngugi, P. K., & Odhiambo, R., Ogallo, E. (2018). Framing Supply Chain Sustainability Implementation in the Logistics Industry with ISO Certification Standards. International Journal of Science and Research, 7 (4), 541-552
- Wachira, W., Ochieng, V.O., Muasya, G., Musyoka, W., Odek, A., Sang, W. (2019). Social Media, Learner Engagement, Empowerment and Academic Performance among University Students. International Journal of Multidisciplinary and Current Research, 7 (Jan/Feb 2019), 50-56
- Muasya, G., Musyoka, W., Wachira, W., Odek, A., Ochieng, V., Sang, W. (2020). A Uses and Gratification Perspective on Social Network Sites among Private University Students in Kenya. African Multidisciplinary Journal of Research 4(2) 2020
- Kangwana, K. M., Kilonzo, T., & Ochieng, V. (2020). The influence of strategic human resource management on employee innovation at National Social Security Fund Lower Eastern Region. The Strategic Journal of Business & Change Management, 7(3), 89 – 109.
- Kitavi, G. W., Ochieng, V., & Sang, W. (2020). Effects of strategic procurement practices on performance of county governments in Kenya. A case of Machakos County Government. The Strategic Journal of Business & Change Management, 7(3), 1096 – 1111.
- Munguti, M.M., Muhoho, K.J., Ochieng, V.O. (2020). Effects of integrated strategic planning on performance of Machakos county government-Kenya. The International Journal of Humanities and Social Studies, 8(9), 91-113
- Mulwa, S. M., Kilonzo, T. M., & Ochieng, V. O. (2020). Influence of organizational culture on strategic change management in Makueni County Government, Kenya. The Strategic Journal of Business & Change Management, 7(3), 782 – 788.
- Ochieng, V. O. (2021). Supplier Collaborative Portals for Supply Chain Management Recovery in the Covid-19 Era. Supply Chain Practitioner, 22 (2), 31-33 Supply Chain Practitioner, 22 (2), 31-33
P.O. Box, 3772-00200, Nairobi
Tel: 0742 012395