Programme coordinator, school of education, machakos campus; quality assuarance officer, machakos campus.
- Doctor of philosophy, university of south africa 
- Master of education, kenyatta university 
- Bachelor of education, kenyatta university, 
- Diploma in management, kenya institute of management 
Other Credentials/Recognitions & Awards
- Iso standard management system
Current Professional/Scientific Interests, Memberships, and Activities:
- Member- society of education research and evaluation in kenya (serek)
Research, Scholarly, Professional and Scientific Activities
- Maithya, R. (1998): Social Educational and Ethics Methods. Lecture Series. University of Nairobi, College of Education and External Studies. Department of Educational Studies.
- Maithya, R. et al. (2001): KCSE Revision: Social Education and Ethics. Peak Revision Series for Secondary Schools: Published by Kenya Literature Bureau.
- Maithya, R. et al. (2001): Peak Revision: KCSE, Christian Religious Education for Secondary Schools: Published by East African Educational Publishers (EAEP).
- Maithya, R. & G. Ndwiga (2006): Curriculum Management: Manual for Higher Education Management. Developed by Kenya Technical Teachers’ College and Flemish Association for Development Cooperation (V.V.O.B).
- Maithya, R. et. al. (2007): Training Handbook for Youth Polytechnic Instruction. Jointly Developed by Kenya Technical Teachers College and Voluntary Service Overseas (V.S.O).
- Maithya, R. (2009): Drug Abuse in Secondary Schools in Kenya: Developing a Programme for Prevention and Intervention. Ph.D Thesis: University of South Africa (UNISA).
- Muola, J., R.Maithya and A. Mwinzi (2011). The Effect of Academic Advising on Performance of University Students in Kenyan Universities. African Research Review. International Multidisciplinary Journal, Ethiopia. Volume 5(5):332-345. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/afrrev.v5i5.26 ISSN 2070-0083 (Online)
- James Matee Muola, Redempta Maithya, Joash A. Migosi (2012).The Impact of Year of Study, Gender and Academic Performance on Students’ Perception on Academic Advising in Kenyan Universities. International Journal of Asian Social Science. Vol.2, No.2, pp.136-144
- Joash Migosi, James Muola and Redempta Maithya (2012). Perceptions of academic staff on research and publishing in Kenyan universities. International Journal of Education Administration and Policy Studies Vol. 4(4), pp. 115-126. Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/IJEAPS.
- Maithya, Redempta. Muola, J.M. & Mwinzi, D. (2012). Motivational Factors for Substance Abuse among Secondary School and University Students in Kenya: The Way Forward. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 2(9):1548-1563.
- Redempta Maithya (2012). Drug Abuse in Secondary Schools in Kenya: Developing a Program for Prevention and Intervention. Editor: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing (2012). ISBN-10: 365919378X. ISBN-13: 978-3659193781
- Maithya, R, R.Okida & F. Mungatu (2015): A Baseline Survey on Effects of Drug and Substance Abuse on Academic Participation in Technical Institutions in Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research. Volume 3 No 1 January, 2015 pp 629-642. ISSN 2201-6333 (Print). ISSN 2201-6740 (Online). www.ijern.com
- Maithya, R.; Muola,J. & Mutua, K. (2015). Stakeholder Perceptions on Effects of Extra Tuition on Academic Performance in Public Secondary Schools in Machakos County, Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 3 No. 4 April 2015 pp 525-526. ISSN 2411-5681 (Print). www.ijern.com
- Maithya, R.; Muola,J. & Mutua, K. (2015). Teachers and Students Perception on Effect of Extra Tuition on Academic Performance in Public Secondary Schools in Machakos County, Kenya. Journal of Educational Policy and Entrepreneurial Research (JEPER). ISSN: 2408-770X (Print), ISSN: 2408-6231 (Online)
- J. Muola & R. Maithya (2015): Challenges Facing Parenting Today: A Book Chapter in A modern Approach to Positive and Responsive Parenting. Printed in Nairobi, Kenya by Daystar University http://www.daystar.ac.ke
- Terry Mwayi, T.& R. Maithya (2015). Strategies for Incorporating Biblical Principles in Measuring and Assessing Child Well Being, A book Chapter in A modern Approach to Positive and Responsive Parenting. Printed in Nairobi, Kenya by Daystar University http://www.daystar.ac.ke
- Mbiti Marysella,M.; Mulwa, David & Maithya, Redempta (2015). The Influence of Communication and Monetary Rewards as Motivation Strategies on Students’ Academic Performance. International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 3 No. 10 October 2015 pp 471-480. ISSN 2411-5681 (Print). www.ijern.com
- Redempta Maithya & Mwebi, Bisonga (2016). Perceptions of Parents on the Practice of Private Tuition in Public Learning Institutions in Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice. Vol.7, No. 8, 2016.
- Redempta Maithya & Lucy Wambui Kirigwi (2016). Prevalence for Private Tuition among Parents, Teachers and Pupils in Public Primary Schools in Machakos County. Journal of Education and e-Learning Research. ISSN(E):2410-9991. ISSN(P): 2518-0169. Vol 3, No,3, 115-123,2016. http//asianonlinejournals.com/index.php/JEELR
- Rose Mwanza and Redempta Maithya (2016). Factors Influencing Children's Language Development in Preschools in Mathare Slum Areas: Case of Nairobi Kenya. Elixir International Journal. Elixir Edu.Tech.97 42167-42171. ISSN: 2229-712X
- Mwania, Jonathan M.; Malinda, Harrahs & Maithya, Redempta (2017). Strategies for fostering character development education by teachers in Kenyan schools. African Educational Research Journal Vol. 5(1), pp. 64-74, February 2017 ISSN: 2354-2160 Review
- Miriam Mbithuka, James Muola & Redempta Maithya (2017). Influence of family-work balance on female principals’ managerial duties in public secondary schools in Machakos County, Kenya. The International Journal of Humanities and Social Studies ISSN 2321-9203
- Kanini Nyiwa, Redempta Maithya , Anthony Mungai Gathumbi (2017): Influence of Pupil-teacher Ratio on Performance in Kenya Certificate of Primary Education in Makueni County, Kenya . International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention ISSN (Online): 2319 – 7722, ISSN (Print): 2319 – 7714 www.ijhssi.org ||Volume 6 Issue 1||January. 2017 || PP.50-541||January. 2017 || PP.50-54
- Michael, Felistas; S. Cheloti &R.Maithya (2017). Influence of Teacher Competency on Integration of ICT in Teaching and Learning in Public Secondary Schools in Machakos. Journal of Education and e-Learning ResearchISSN(E): 2410-9991 ISSN(P) : 2518-0169 Vol. 3, No. 4, 143-149, 2016
- Mutindi, Julie; R. Maithya & S.Cheloti (2017). Influence of head teachers’ supervisory role on students’performance in KCSE in public secondary schools in Kathiani sub-county, Machakos County, Kenya. : http://theijhss.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/24.-HS1712-045.pdf http://repository.seku.ac.ke/handle/123456789/3809
- Kieti,Mbithi; R.Maithya & D.Mulwa (2017). Influence of Administrative Practices on Students’ Academic Performance in Public Secondary Schools in Matungulu Sub-County, Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 5 No.1
- Musyoka, Julie M.; Cheloti, Selpher K. & Maithya, Redempta (2018). Influence of teacher adequacy on students’ performance in KCSE in public secondary schools in Kenya. A case of Kathiani sub-county, Machakos County. http://www.ijhssi.org/papers/vol7(1)/Version-3/J0701035058.pdf http://repository.seku.ac.ke/handle/123456789/3851
South Eastern Kenya University. School of Education, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org