P.o. Box 7565 - 00200 Nairobi.
A successful and highly experienced lecturer with over twenty two years experience in teaching English and Linguistics in secondary schools, teacher training colleges and universities. An individual with excellent people management and training skills.
Education / Qualifications
- 2011 - 2015 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Applied Linguistics. Kenyatta University
- 2006- 2008: Master of Arts, (M.A) English and Applied LinguisticsKenyatta University, Kenya.
- 1993 – 1997: B.ED. (Arts). Egerton University.Major: English, Minor: Literature.
- 1988 – 1991: Karima Girls’ Secondary School, Nyandarua County Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, K.C.S.E.
- 1980 – 1987: Ndemi Primary School, Nyandarua CountyKenya Certificate of Primary Education, K.C.P.E.
- May 2019- Present Chair Department of Kiswahili and Other African Languages, SEKU
- September 2017- May 2018 Chair of Department, Department of Literature, Creative and Performing Arts, SEKU
- September 2012- September 2015 Assistant lecturer, Department of Linguistics and Communication, SEKU
- March 2014- September 2017 Departmental Examination and Timetabling co-ordinator, SEKU
- 1997 – 2011 Lecturer of English, Kilimambogo Teachers’Training College and teacher of English and Literature in Secondary schools
- July 2016 Published a paper on “Listening Abilities in English: A Descriptive Study of Teacher Trainees in Teacher Training Colleges in Kenya” with International Journal of Research in Engineering and Social Sciences (IJRESS).
- August 2016 Published a paper on “Listening competences in English: A case study of the Mutonguni Secondary School in Kitui County” with Internal
Journal of Advanced Research (IJAR).
- October 2017 Published a paper “A comparative study ofTeacher Trainees in Public and Private TeacherTraining Colleges in Kenya”.Journal of Applied Linguistics and Language Research ( JALLR).
- December 2017 Published my PhD Dissertation into a book“Listening competencies in English: A DescriptiveStudy of Primary teacher Trainees in Kenya”.Galda Verlag, Glienicke Germany.