- 2014 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program at University of South Africa (UNISA)- Department of Early Childhood Education
- 2011 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in curriculum studies, The Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Dissertation title: Analysis of Factors that Determine Performance in Kiswahili in Public Day Secondary schools in Nairobi County, Kenya.
- 2006 Master of Education in Curriculum Studies,University of Nairobi
- 2004 Bachelor of Education, (Arts) majoring in Kiswahili and Christian Religious Education,University of Nairobi
- 1985 Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education, two principals in Kiswahili and Christian Religious Education and two subsidiaries in English and General Paper
- 1983 Kenya Certificate of Education, division two
- 2007 Certificate in Information Communication and Technology
- 1990 Diploma in Education, Kisii Teachers College
- Association for Faculty Enrichment in Learning and Teaching (AFELT)-Member
- Society of Educational Research and Evaluation in Kenya (SEREK)-Member
Completed Thesis in Master of Education
Turanta Janet Simaloi: Influence of sand harvesting on enrolment and retention in Public primary schools of Mashuuru District at Catholic University of Eastern Africa Kajiado County.
- Rosephine Musee: Factors Influencing Principals’ Performance of Administrative Duties in Sub County Public Day Secondary Schools in Mwingi East Sub -County, Kenya
- Cecilia NdanuMutia: Administrative Factors Influencing Performance of Girls in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education in Mixed Day Secondary Schools in Nzambani Sub County, Kitui County Kenya
- King’oo Francisca Katumbi: Influence of Principals’ Performance Contracting on Financial Management Practicesin Public Secondary Schools in Kathiani Sub County, Machakos County Kenya
- Miriam J. Mbithuka: Socio-Cultural Factors Influencing Female Principals’ Participation in Managerial duties in Public Secondary Schools in Kathiani Sub-County, Machakos County Kenya
- David Kilonzo Ukulo: Influence of Family Structure on Pre-school Learners’ Class Participation in Public Pre-schools in Mwingi Zone, Mwingi Sub-county, Kitui County, Kenya
- Agnes K. Muema: Factors Influencing Teachers’ Involvement in Co-curricular Activities in Public Secondary Schools in Matungulu Sub-county, Machakos County, Kenya
- Master of Education in Educational Administartion
- Name of Student Title of Thesis: Kiteetu Makali: The Influence of Infrastructural Preparedness in ICT Integration in Public Secondary Schools of Nzaui Sub-County Makueni County.
- Ruth Muia:Analysis of Use of ICTin The Implementation of Geography Curriculum in Public Secondary Schools in Kitui District.
- Eunice Ngangi Mutisya: School Based Factors and Their Influences on Examination Malpractices in The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (Kcse) Examination in Secondary Schools in Garissa County, Kenya.
- Benjamin Kyalo Ndambuki: Influence of Principals’ Instructional Leadership Practices on KCSE Performance in Public Secondary Schools in Makueni County, Kenya.
- 29th Oct. 2014 Presented a paper in College of Education University of South Africa entitled: Inner City Institution; Places of Nurture, Nature or Fate? Case of inner city preschools, Gauteng Pretoria
- 17th Sept 2014 Brown bag presentation at College of Education, University of South Africa:
- 24th March 2014 Factors influencing language development in inner city Preschools, Gauteng Pretoria
- March 2014 Participated in Early Childhood Development Symposium, University of South Africa
- July 2011 Participated in Research and Innovation Theme: Excellence, Innovation and Leadership, University of South Africa
- June 2009 Participated in a workshop to develop the curriculum on distance Learning/ e Learning at Africa Nazarene University, Kenya,
- May 2009 Presented a referred paper at the 1st KIM Annual Conference in Kenya
- June 2009 Participated in an Academic Forum at Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda through the 3rd Annual Conference for Catholic University's Post Graduate Students Association (CUPSA) Seminar on –
- March 2005 “Basic Counselling Skills” at Jamuhuri High School, Nairobi
- April 2004 Kiswahili Workshop at Highway Secondary School, Nairobi,
- May 1997 Drug Abuse and HIV / AIDS in Kenya Schools at Nairobi School,
- May 1996 Semina ya Walimu ya Kiswahili, Nairobi
Articles in peer-reviewed/refereed journals
- October, 2018: Principals’ Instructional Supervision Practices: Key to Kiswahili Academic Performance Dr. Rose Mwanza (PhD) , Dr. Lucia Musyoka (PhD): School of Education, South Eastern Kenya University, Nairobi, Kenya
European Scientific Journal October 2018 edition Vol.14, No.28 ISSN: 1857 – 7881 (Print) e - ISSN 1857- 7431 August, 2017: Musee R Lucia1*.,Gathumbi A. Mungai2 and Rose Mwanza3: Influence of Finances on Principals’ Performance of Administrative Duties In Sub County Public Day Secondary Schools In Mwingi East Sub -County, Kenya :International Journal of Recent Scientific Research Vol. 8, Issue, 8, pp. 19648-19652, August, 2017
- August 2016: Mwanza Rose and MaithyaRedempta: Factors Influencing Children’s Language Development in Preschools in Slum Areas: Case of Mathare Slum in Nairobi Kenya ISSN:229-712X Elixir Edu. Tech.97 (2016) 42167-42171 Accepted: 10 August 2016;Available online at www.elixirpublishers.com(Elixir International Journal)
- Dec. 2014 Mwanza Rose K: Inner City Institutions; Places of Nurture, Nature or Fate? Case of inner city preschools, Gauteng Pretoria (Submitted for publication by UNISA)
- Nov. 2014Mwanza Rose K.Factors influencing languge development in inner city Preschools, Gauteng Pretoria (Submitted for publication by UNISA)
- March, 2013Mwanza Rose K.Influence of Structural Context on Implementation of Secondary Schools Life Skills Curriculum in Kajiando County, Kenya.
International Journal of Education and Research VOL. 1 NO. 3, ISSN:2201-6333
- July 2012Mwanza Rose K.Analysis of Factors that Determine Performance in Kiswahili in Public Day Secondary schools in Nairobi County, Kenya.LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-659-17402-5
- May 2012Mwanza Rose K. Factors Influencing the Attainment of Universal Primary Education in Mutito Division Kitui District, Kenya.LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-659-10286-8