- 2013 to 2016 Doctor of philosophy in Science Education, Chuka University. Thesis Title Effects of Vee Heuristic Teaching Approach on secondary school student’s achievements, Creativity and Attitudes in Biology in Tharaka Nithi County.
- 2005-2010 Master of Science Education, Egerton University, Kenya. Thesis Title Effect of Constructivist Teaching Strategy on Secondary School Students Achievement in Mole Concept in Chemistry in Meru South District Kenya
- Biology Education Research Project: Misconceptions in Explaining Evolution; a case study in biology methods of teaching in Meru south district, Kenya (2014)
- 1995 – 1999 Bachelor of Education Science (Botany, Zoology & Education), Kenyatta University.Kenya. Second class honors lower division.
- 1990-1993 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KSCE) means grade (B)Ikuu Boys High School
- 1981-1989 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) 447/700 Kangoro Primary School
- 2017 to Date Lecturer, Department Of Education Communication Technology, South Eastern Kenya University
- 2017to dateChairman, Department of Educational Foundations, South Eastern Kenya University
- - Biology Education – post graduate and undergraduate
- - Biology and chemistry teaching methods
- - Instructional methods
- - Research methods in education
- - General principles & methods of teaching
- - Educational Technology
- - Principles and theories of curriculum development
- - Educational communication and technology
- - Psychology of Teaching and Learning
- 2002 to 2016 Ibiriga Secondary School; Teaching Biology and Chemistry,
- James K. Mutegi, Julia N. Ameru, Abednego,k. and Njue, A.K.,2018. Soil health and climate change; implications for food security in sub Saharan Africa. International journal of development and sustainability.7(1),21-23,2018
- Njue A. K., Kamau, L.M., & Mwania, J.M. (2018). Effects of Vee Heuristic Teaching Approach on Secondary School Students’ Attitudes Towards Biology In Kenya, Journal of Research & Method in Education, 8(1), 18-23.
- Kamau, L.M., Mwania, J. M., & Njue, A.K.. (2018). Technology resources for teaching secondary mathematics: Lessons from early and late adopters of technology in Kenya, Asian Journal of Contemporary Education, 2(1), 43-52.
- Njue, A.K., Adiel M. Magana, .(2016). The Effects of Vee Heuristic Teaching Approach on Achievement of Boys and Girls in public Secondary Schools in Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research. Vol. 4 No. 10, 2016.
- Njue, A.K., Nelson Jagero, (2019. Effects of Vee Heuristic Teaching Approach on Secondary School Students’ Achievement in Biology in Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya. . International Journal of Education and Research. Accepted.
- James K. Mutegi, Julia N. Ameru, Daniel N. Mugendi, James B. Kung’u and Njue, A.K., (2015). Determinants of Farmer Uptake of Effective Soil Conservation Technologies in the Central Highlands of Kenya. International Journal of Current Research. Vol 7, Issue, 11, pp. 22137-22144, November, 2015.
- Njue, .K., Wachanga S.W and OkereI.O (2010) Effects of constructivist teaching approach on Secondary school students achievement in mole concept in chemistry (Egerton journal of Education Social Sciences and Humanities vol x-2011 (208-225)
Additional training at conferences and workshops
- 28th-30thoct2016Attended 2nd International Conference on Research and Innovation, Chuka University; theme; mainstreaming research commercialization for sustainable development. Paper presented; Enhancing Understanding of Biology through Advance Organizers
- 29th-31thoct 2015Attended 1nd International Conference on Research and Innovation, Chuka University; theme; enhancing innovations for sustainable development. Paper presented; Enhancing creativityin Biology through Vee heuristics and concept maps.
- OCTOBER 2014 I attended a 3 weeks training by OSSREA on developing and writing competitive research proposal. Egerton University, Kenya.
- SEPTEMBER 2013 Presented a paper entitled “Managing laboratory teaching and practical work in science” at a pedagogy workshop for science teachers in Meru south at Chuka Girls secondary school.