- PhD – (Social Protection) University of Nairobi- Implications of Cash Transfers to the livelihoods of Elderly Women in Kitui County Kenya.
- International Master of Science Social Work (IMSSW), Gothenburg University and was awarded degree in Sweden 2008. Master’s Thesis: “Early sex education key to HIV prevention”.
- Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences (B.A Hons), Sociology and History, Egerton University: Degree Awarded – Egerton, Kenya 1995.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), St. Mary’s School Yala, Certificate Awarded 1989.
- International Business Management (I.B.M), Mälardalen University Sweden - 2009
- Computer Skills: Computer application packages: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word, outlook, Micro soft publisher, Minitab, SPSS and
- electronic Mail: certificate awarded - Egerton University 1995.
- Business Administration, trained at The Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) June 1996 certificate awarded.
- 6th Jan 2011- Present; Tutorial Fellow, South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU) Duties include: Teach/lecture students on different courses assigned; Set, invigilate and mark all examinations taught; Coordination and Supervision of students’ field work in Social Work; Mentor Social Work students into the social work profession; Administrative roles- Coordinator Examinations and timetabling and Development of new school programmes.
- November 2009 - Current: Research Coordinator- CrosinoxKenya Consultants (Social Policy and Governance Research). Duties include: Social research; Proposal writing; Report writing; Presentation of reports; Conducting peer reviews and in charge of correspondence with all stakeholders of CrosinoxKenya Consultants. Research Conducted; Public Expenditure Review Report (PER) to Action Aid International Kenya. Published
- 27July- 4th August 2010: Presiding Officer (P.O) Interim Independent Electoral Commission (IIEC).
Duties included: conducted training on polling procedures, managed counting and tallying process of clerks, overseeing efficient and effective management of elections before, during and after elections, ensured good conduct of elections in the polling station, counting, tallying and announcement of provisional results in the polling station and return of all polling materials (used and unused) to the Returning Officer after the election.
- July 12th -30th August 2009: Trainer of Trainers (TOT), the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS), trained 300 Senior Supervisors, 200 supervisors and 150 enumerators on the census procedure of Kenya’s national population and housing census August 2009.
- September 2007 – June 2009: Tutorial Fellow, Institute of Global studies -Gothenburg University. Duties included: trained learners on Case management; social investigations; intervention procedures and evaluative research.
- 2001- July 2005: Sales and Marketing Executive- CabroWorks (E.A) Ltd, Duties included: actual sales and marketing of company products; conducted marketing promotions; market research and represented the company in trade fair exhibitions.
- 1998- 2000: Field Youth Group Officer, Nyamira Adult Sex and Reproductive Health (ASRH- project AMREF Nyamira). Duties included: Coordination of youth group activities and successfully created an environment where project objectives of advocating and lobbying for safe sex practices among youth were disseminated.
Publications and Material Development
- Nyangena W., Nyangena George M, and Namenya, D. N. (2010): How Are Our Monies Spent? The public expenditure review in eight constituencies/counties- (2005/2006-2008/2009), Nairobi, Action Aid International Kenya (Available at www.actionaid.org/kenya).
- Nyangena George M. (2019): Social Work Practice in Kenya (Sent for peer review).