Sarah is Linguist by profession specialising in Kiswahili, Translation and other Languages issues. She has worked in South Eastern Kenya for the past 10 years (2010 to date). She has been teaching Kiswahili for the past 30 years at high school and university. Dr Sarah has published 12 papers in various journals including Rutledge ltd. She has published three Kiswahili guide books for Secondary School. She facilitates workshops and seminars on translation and teaching of Kiswahili as a Foreign Language.
- PhD Kiswahili 2016- May 2021 (University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
- MA Translation 2009- 2011 (University of Nairobi, Kenya)
- MA Kiswahili 2002-2005 ( University of Nairobi, Kenya)
- MA Educational Leadership and Management- on going at Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia through Intra- African Academic Mobility Scheme.
- B.Ed. (Kiswahili & CRE) 1987-1990 (Kenyatta University)
- KACSE. 1985-1986 A’ Level (Kapropita Girls High School)
- KCSE. 1980-1984 O’ Level (Kimangao Girls Secondary School)
- CPE. 1874-1780 Mitamisyi Primary School ( Ngomeni ward, Kitui County)
- 2013 – Current: Lecturer at South Eastern Kenya University.
- 2014 – 2016: Coordinator for Disability Mainstreaming Unit at South Eastern Kenya University.
- 2010-2013 Tutorial Fellow at Kenyatta University
- May 1995-2010 Kiswahili Teacher and Head of Department at Statehouse Girls High School
- 1990- April 1995 Kiswahili and CRE Teacher at Katulani Secondary School.
- Feb. 1990-April 1090 (intern/ Teaching Practice) at Kitui High School.
- Advanced Phonetics and Phonology
- Applied Translation & interpretation
- Communication skills
- Kiswahili literature and culture
- Morphology and Syntax
- Research Methods
- Teaching Kiswahili as second and foreign language
- CHAUKIDU – Publicity Secretary
- CHAKITA - Member
- CHAKAMA – Member
- CHALUFAKITA - Member
- Teaching of Kiswahili as foreign and second language
- Language use in the society
- Language Documentation
- Language and Communication
- August 2013 Mwongozo wa Kidagaa by Jomo Kenyatta Foundation Publishers
- September 2013 Mwongozo wa Mstahiki Meya by Kenyatta University Press
- September 2011 Translated three short stories in Mzee Kigogo na Hadithi Nyingine by East African Educational Publishers.
- April 2008 Mwongozo wa Utengano by Mvule Publishers.