Professionalism, excellence, responsibility, independence, achievement, self motivation and willingness to give total support to the organization that I am in to achieve its goals and create mutual benefits.
Career Vision and Mission
My vision is to shape the future through mentorship, research and development and narrow the gap between theory and practice in the teaching profession at all levels and to be the best I can be in the service of humanity, specifically in the area of education and the arts (music).
Professional and Educational Profile
- 2016 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) of Kenyatta University during the 41st Graduation ceremony on 16 th December, 2016.
- 2016 Completed Research entitled “Levels of Teacher Self-Efficacy and Use of Music Activities in Preschools in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, Kenya.”
- 2005- 2007 Master of Education (E55/CE/12055/04) Kenyatta University (Curriculum Studies Major). An Evaluation of Secondary School Music Curriculum implementation in Kiambu District, Kenya
- 2001-2004 Bachelor of Education (1st Class Honours, GPA 3.77) (E44/0178/01) Kenyatta University (Music and Geography
- 1990-1992 Diploma in Education (1st Class) Kagumo College.(2nd Best Student Overall and Best in Music)
- 1982 PTTC- St Marks`TTC- Kigari (Aggregate 10 pts for 8 best subjects, best student overall)
- 1979 EAACE- Pass
- 1977 EACE- pass
- 1973 CPE- Pass
Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Muya, F.K. (2019) Here We Go! Towards a Framework for use of Music Activities in Preschool Settings. Journal of Education Vol. 7 | No. 3 March | 2019 ISSN 2347-8225
- Muya, F.K. (2018) Music and Peace. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 8(5), 149–155. DOI: 10.6007/IJARBSS/v8-i5/4091
- Muya, F.K. (2017) One, Two, Sing! How Preschool teachers utilize Music Activities in the Classroom: A case of Kiambu County, Kenya. European Journal of Education studies, Vol3(12),2018 doi:10.5281/zenodo.1134695
- Muya, F.K. & Bunyi, G.W (2017) Levels of Teacher Self-Efficacy among Pre-school Teachers in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, Kenya. European Journal of Education Studies, Vol 3, (2) 2017 doi:10.5281/zenodo.290622
- Muya, F.K (2016). Differentiated Approaches to Aural Acuity Development: A Case of a Secondary School in Kiambu County, Kenya. International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education and Development 5(2) 77-85. DOI: 10.6007/IJARPED/v5-i3/2184 URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.6007/
- Muya, F.K (2016). Ignore It At Your Own Peril: Using Music to Improve Quality of Education. International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education and Development 5(2) 77-85. DOI: 10.6007/IJARPED/v5-i2/2094 URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.6007/ IJARPED/v5-i2/2094
- Muya, F.K., & Kabunga A. (2016). Effect of Class Size on Learning Achievement: Perceptions of In-Service Teachers Journal of Education Vol. 4 (1) 1-7.
- Muya, F.K., Kabunga, A., Njuguna J., Njuguna C., Nginya M., & Nguvi, M. (2015). Burnout Levels among Professional Counselors in Butabika and Mulago National Referral Hospitals in Uganda. American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences, Vol 11(1) 96-103
- Muya, F.K., Kabunga, A., Gitau E.W. & Njuguna J.M. (2014). Secondary Traumatic Stress among Mental Mental Health Practitioners in Butabitka and Mulago Referral Hospitals in Uganda. International Journal of Liberal Arts and Social Science, Vol. 2, (9) 1-7
- Muya, F.K., & Kabunga, A. (2014). Work Stress and Coping Strategies among Social Workers: A Case of Northern Uganda. International Journal of Liberal Arts and Social Science, Vol. 2, (8) 33-38
Presentation/participation in conferences/seminars
- 16th to 18th August, 2019: participated in a two-day regional conference of CSAK at Ruiru, Kenya
- 14th November, 2018 presented a paper at the SEREK conference, CUEA, Nairobi entitled “Here we go! Towards a framework for selecting music activities in preschool settings”
- 29th to 30th August, 2018: participated in a two-day regional conference of CSAK at Naivasha, Kenya
- 17th May, 2017: presented a paper at the Peace conference held at Safari park Hotel, entitled “Music and peace”. It was followed by a performance of the song ‘Music and peace”.
- 9th March, 2017; presented a paper at the 4th SEREK conference, Kisumu, entitled “Effect of Class Size on Learning Achievement: Perceptions of In-Service Teachers”
- 2nd December, 2016: Presented a paper at the Post-graduate dissemination seminar at Kenyatta University on “Education for Sustainable Development”
- 12th May, 2016: Presented a paper entitled “Levels of Teacher Efficacy and Use of Music Activities among Preschool Children in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, Kenya” at the 2nd Postgraduate academic seminar, school of education, Kenyatta University.
- 9th September, 2016: Attended the National Delegates Conference, CSAK, Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi.
- 9th to 13th May, 2016: Participated in a three day conference organized by Christian Scientific Association of Kenya (CSAK) at Naivasha, Kenya.
- 19th May 2015: Presented a paper entitled: “Ignore it at your own peril; using music to enhance the quality of education” at the 2nd international conference on education at Kenyatta university.
I’m computer literate and able to use word processor and excel confidently. I’m also able to use noteworthy composer and ASC Timetable software. I communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili. I am a team player with a pleasant character and able to think on my feet. I adapt to situations within a very short time