- 2011-2014: Doctor of Philosophy Degree(PhD) in Educational Administration and Planning, University of Nairobi
- 2011-2013: Diplomain Education Management, Kenya Education Management Institute
- 2008 -2011: Master of Education Degree (M.Ed) In Educational Administration, University of Nairobi.
- FEB 2012-APRIL 2012: Certificate in Computer Studies, Computer Society of Kenya Examinations Board, Attended At Uncle Ngovi Business Complex
- 2003- 2004: Certificate in Counselling, University of Nairobi
- 1990 - 1995: B.Ed Arts DEGREE, MoI University
- 1886 - 1989: O-Level Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination, Mutomo Girls’ Secondary School
- 1977 – 1985: Kenya Certificate of Primary Examination, Kamandio Primary School
- Katua,E.K.,Dr. Mulwa,J.K.&Dr. Mungai, A.G.(2019).Influence of principals’ communication strategies on studentsdiscipline in public secondary schools in kenya. International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 7 No. 2 February 2019
- Dr. Mulwa1, J.K. Prof Akala,W.J. & Dr. Kalai,J.M. (2019).Influence of Principals’ Use of Collaborative Decision Making on Students’ Discipline inPublic Secondary Schools in Kenya.The Cradle of Knowledge :African Journal of educational and Social Science ResearchAJESSR - ISSN 2304-2885-p, 2617-7315-eVolume 7, Issue No. 1, 2019
- Mulwa, J.K.(2018). Influence of Headteachers’ exposure to management training on Implementation of public procurement regulations in Kenya, International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 6 No. 2 February 2018
- Muthoka, B.N.; Mulwa,J.K. (PhD)&Kamau,L.M. (PhD)(2017). Influence of InstructionalResources on Implementation of Primary School Curriculum in Nguu Division, Makueni County, The Cradle of Knowledge African Journal of educational and Social Science Research Volume 5 No. 1, 2017 ISSN 2304-2885
- Mule,J.M. ; Kalai ,J.M.&Mulwa,J.K.(2017). Influence of Principals' level of education on studentleaders' involvement in secondary schools governance in Kenya, The Cradle of Knowledge African Journal of educational and Social Science Research Volume 5 No. 1, 2017 ISSN 2304-2885
- Mulwa,J.K: Kalai,J.M. & Kanori, E.(2016). Institutional Challenges Influencing Principals' Implementation of Public Procurement Regulations in Public Secondary Schools in Kenya. The Cradle of knowledge African Journal of Education and Social science Research Volume 4 No.1,2016 Society of Educational research
- Dr. Mulwa, J.K.; Dr. Kalai,J.M. and Dr. Migosi,J. (2014). Determinants of Implementation of Public Procurement Regulations In Kenya’s SecondarySchools, International Journal of Educational Research and Reviews Issn:2329-9843 Vol.2(1),Pp.009-016.January, 2014
Conference attendance and presentations
- Dr. Mulwa. J. K.; Dr. Imonje, R.; Prof. Akala,J and Dr. Kalai,J.(2015). Principals’ Perceptions of Collaborative Decision Making as an Alternative Disciplinary Method in Kenya. A Paper Presented During The 2nd Africe International Conference Hosted by College of Education and External Studies at University of Nairobi-Kenya Science Campus-Ngong Road on 18- 19th June 2015.
- Mulwa J.K.& Kalai, J.(2016). Principals’ Challenges in use of Suspension as an Alternative Disciplinary Method in Management of students’ discipline in Kenya. A paper presented during an International Interdisciplinary Conference on June 22-25 2016 at Multimedia University, Nairobi Kenya.
- Mule J. M. :Kalai,J. &Mulwa J.K. (2016). Principals' Influence on Student Leaders’ Involvement In Secondary Schools Governance in Kenya.A Paper presented during the third annual Educational Research and Evaluation International Conference held on 1st – 2nd September, 2016 hosted at Machakos University College, Machakos, Kenya
- Dr Mulwa,J.K.(2017). Influence of Headteacher’s exposure to management training on implementation of public procurement regulations in Kenya.A paper presented during an International Interdisciplinary Conference held on 27th to 30th june, 2017 multimedia university, Nairobi, kenya.
- Dr. Mulwa,J. K. (2017).Financial management in schools. A paper presented during educational management workshop held on 4th -8th November 2017 at Machakos, university.
- Dr, Mulwa, J.k.(2018).Principals’ Influence on Implementation of Peer Counselling as an Alternative Disciplinary Method on Students’ Discipline by Public Secondary Schools Principals’ in Kenya. A paper presented during the 8th Annual AISA InternationalInterdisciplinary held at Multimedia University of Kenya Hotel on 27th to 30th June ,2018, Nairobi ,Kenya.