P.O. BOX 16720 - 00100 NAIROBI
PHONE: +254-0722810085 E-mail: email@example.com
Specialized Skills and Expertise
I have a specialty in religious studies, project management, participatory monitoring and evaluation, development and baseline studies and social development. I am an expert in Gender Based Violence, Research Methods, Sustainable Livelihood developments; Behaviour Change Communication, HIV/AIDS, child rights issues and OVCs. Having worked for Faith Based Organizations, CBOs, National and International agencies such as Trocraire, Caritas Kenya, Caritas Nairobi, Corat Africa, UNFPA, KNCHR, Childline Kenya, County Assemblies, CDF Board, UNICEF, BMZ, AMREF, Inter-Religious Council of Kenya among others, I have extensive research and community projects-support experience for child labour, sexual violence, gender based violence, women’s empowerment, educational and social sector development programs as well as project management, impact monitoring and results based management.
Publication in Refereed Journal
- Spirituality, Vulnerability and Coping with Suffering among African Women: A Reflection in International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 5 No. 7 July 2017
Professional Experience/ Consultancy Work and Report writing
- 2016 Lead Consultant for CORAT Africa, Mid Term Evaluation of Education Development Aid Projects in Turalei State among the Dinka community, South Sudan.
- 2000 to date: Lecturer in religious studies and gender and development studies
- 2015: Capacity building of the Nyeri County Assembly Staff Training on strategic management, performance contracting, change management among others.
- 2014: Capacity building of 290 Constituency Development Fund Committees (CDFC) by the Board on Vision 2030 and MDGs and their relation to CDF, CDF Act 2013 and other governing statutes, project identification and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and performance contracting among other related topics.
- 2013 to date: Capacity building of County Assemblies on Strategic planning, CIDP and other plans in relation to Vision 2030, Medium Term Plan and the MDGs; (Bomet County Assembly, Samburu County Assembly, Nyandarua County Assembly, Kilifi County Assembly, Nyeri County Assembly, Madera County Assembly, Murangá County Assembly, Kiambu County Assembly and Nakuru County Assembly among others).
- 2014: Consulting team member, Strategic Plan for Nyandarua County Assembly (Launched on 5th January 2014)
- 2013: Consulting team member, Strategic Plan for Parliamentary Pension Scheme (ongoing)
- 2009 to date: Training Consultant on Gender and Development, CORAT Africa.
- 2012: Lead Researcher in the International Produce Limited (IPL)/Oxfam Poverty Footprint Study in Kenya (Gender expert) with Resource Use and Capacity Building Consultant. The participatory action research was conducted by a team of consultants from Accenture global Consultants, Oxfam (Nairobi) and IPL, and Oxford University (UK). The research is a livelihoods study focusing on the horticultural industry in Kenya from a sustainable livelihoods approach, market analysis approach and rights based approach (a copy of the report can be found in the following website: www.oxfam.org/site/www.oxfam.org/files).
- 2011- 2014: Part time lecturer in Development Studies (MDS programme), St. Paul’s University, NIST
- 2010: Training Consultant on Gender Mainstreaming in Peace building for Justice and Peace Commission, Kenya Episcopal Conference, Catholic Secretariat. Target communities included the Pokot, Marakwet and Turkana from the North Rift and the Luo, Kipsigis and Kisii communities (December).
- 2010: Consulting Team Member in conduction Baseline Survey for the Kenya Gender Based Violence prevention and response programme for Trocraire (May – to November)
- 2010: Consultant in conducting a research on “The Contribution of Types of Gender Based Violence that results in Susceptibility to HIV” for Inter-Religious Council of Kenya (June-July)
- 2010: Consultant in conducting a baseline survey on Gender Based Violence in Nakuru District for Coalition on Violence against Women (COVAW). This included a three year implementation plan for COVAW in mitigation, prevention and fight against GBV in the district (Jan-April)
- 2010: Member of National Steering Committee for Kenya Episcopal Conference, Caritas Kenya in the development of National Gender Policy (February-July)
- 2009: Consulting Team Member on the Trocaire Kenya Gender Based Violence (GBV) End of Program Evaluation for six (6) partner organizations: CRADLE, Girl Child Network, Caritas Kenya, Men for Equality of Men and Women, Liverpool VCT and COVAW (November- March 2010)
- 2009: Lead Constultant (CORAT Africa) in conducting a National Gender Mainstreaming situation analysis-policy development for Kenya Episcopal Conference (October – February 2010)
- 2009: Consulting team member on the Final Evaluation of the EU-funded Youth Friendly Mobile Voluntary Counselling and Testing (MVCT) program
- 2009: Consulting team member on CIHD Orphans and Vulnerable Children-CARE Program: OVC research situation analysis in Kenya for Boston University and USAID. The project involved working closely with such organizations as CRADLE, Girl Child Network, USAID, Undugu Society, Children’s Department, TDH and Goal Kenya among others.
- 2009: Researcher on “Local Governance and Participation in Policy Process” in Kenya for Institute for Open Society and University of Nairobi.
- 2008: Rapporteur, Participatory Ecological Land Use Management Association (PELUM Keya). Board Governance, Roles & Responsibilities Workshop (10th – 12th Sept).
- 2008: Consulting team member for UNICEF Kenya, literature review on Community Based Development: definitions, process, approaches and best practices in health and research (August)
- 2008: Proposal writing and fund raising, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data analysis and Report writing.
- 2008-: Consulting team member in 2007 General Elections Review, Department of Development Studies, University of Nairobi (July)
- 2008: Curriculum review for UNICEF Kenya on Gender Mainstreaming, FGM and Child Rights issues (June)
- 2007: Consulting team member: End of Project Evaluation of the BMZ supported Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH) Project in Kilifi and Kwale Districts, implemented by the German Foundation for World Population (DSW) in partnership with AMREF, the Government of Kenya and the Local communities in Mariakani and Rabai Locations of Kaloleni Division of Kilifi District and Mwatate, Mtaa, Mwavumbo and Kasemeni locations of Kwale District, Coast Province targeting young people aged 10-24 years. Funded and facilitated by DSW. Evaluation components included: Production and Distribution of IEC materials integrating existing forms of communication; Behavior and Attitude Change among the Youth; Supplementary Reproductive Health Services; Stakeholder mobilization; Youth Clubs and Youth Club Networks; Co-facilitators, Peer educators trainers and Peer educators. March 2007.
- 2007: Consulting team member: End of project evaluation of the AMREF supported Community Based Health Programme in Kibera to determine the impact of Micro finance on Access to Reproductive Health Services by women beneficiaries and propose the key measures for improving access to Reproductive Health care for poor women using micro-finance initiatives. August 2007
- 2007: Consulting team member: National wide Baseline Survey on Child Abuse for Childline Kenya. The baseline mainly focused on collecting nationwide information on child abuse and availability of protective services for children in distress, neglect situations or who are at risk. The survey was meant to help Childline Kenya address the root causes of violence and effectively support children in need of help and develop a strategic plan to guide its work. October 2007
- 2007: Consulting Team member on Governance, Justice, Law and Order Sector (GJLOS) Reform Programme. Consultancy for Issue No. 2 of the State of Human Rights Report (December 2006 - January 2007). For the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) on the theme: “Growing Old in Kenya”. Engaged by Resource Use & Capacity Building Consultants (RUCBIC). Tasks: Desk study/literature review; Fieldwork coordination; Data analysis and Report preparation. April/May 2007.
- 2002-2005: Project Manager, Youth Friendly HIV/AIDS Education Programme: Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi (currently known as Caritas Nairobi). United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) funded project covering Nairobi, Kiambu and parts of Thika Districts - extensive experience in project management, execution, organizing, training/facilitation, guiding and directing teams of in- and out-of-school youth peer counselors/educators, teachers, PTA/BOG, health workers (for youth-friendly health services), the military and religious leaders.