- 1956-1959 Ngamba Primary School – Passed Common Entrance Examination
- 1960-1964 Mbaikini Full Primary School - Passed Kenya Primary Examination
- 1965-1968 Kangundo High School: Obtained a division 2 in Kenya Certificate of Education
- 1969-1972 Kenya Polytechnic: Passed M.V.T. I and II
- 1976-1977 Kenya Polytechnic: trained as a Technical Teacher
- 1979-1982 University of New Brunswick, Canada: Obtained Bachelor of Education (Upper Second)
- 1987-1989 University of British Columbia, Canada: Obtained a Master of Arts in Education (Curriculum and Instructions)
- 1995-1999 University of British Columbia, Canada: Obtained a Ph.D.(Curriculum and Instruction).
Initial Work Experience
- 1972-1976 Divisional Transport Officer with the Ministry of Home Affairs
- 1977-1978 Technical Teacher in Machakos Technical School.
- 1982-1990 Lecturer at Kenya Technical Teachers’ College (K.T.T.C)
University work experience
- June,1990 – Jan.2000 Lecturer in Moi University
- 25th jan. 2000 – May 2001 Head of Technology Education Department, Moi University
- 17th May 2001- April 2002: Associate Dean, Faculty of Education, Moi University
- 1st May 2002 – 6thJanuary 2002:Acting Dean, Faculty of Education, Moi University,
- 1st March 2010 – December 2011: Coordinator, School of Education, Mombasa Campus.
- April 2011 College representative in Credit Accumulation and Transfer System(C.A,T.S Project). Commission for Higher Education.
- January 2012-1September2013 Coordinator for Post Graduate Programmes, School of Education, Chepkoilel University College.
- July 2014 to date. Senior lecturer. Department of Educational Administration and planning. South Eastern Kenya University.
Social and Community Responsibilities
- In University of New Brunswick: Representative of Faculty of Education students in the Student Representative Council
- In Kenya Technical Teachers’ College: Chairman, Staff Social and Recreation Committee.
- In University of British Columbia: Representative of the Faculty of Education students in the Graduate Students Representative Council.
- In Moi University: Chairman, Forum for Education, Environment and Development.
- 2011 – 2016: Member, Africa Brotherhood Church Education Board.
- Kithyo, I.M. (2002). Relationship between The Type Of Schools Students Attend And The Career Choices They Make. Maseno Journal of Arts and Science Vol.4 no.2.
- 2). Kithyo, I.M. (2002). The Researcher And “The Other”: Whose Voice Gets Into The Text?
Egerton Journal: Humanities, Social Science, and Education Series. Vol.5 no.1.
- 3). Langat Kipkurui, Isaac M. Kithyo, Peter Okemwa, J. Koriri. (2004). Modernization in Automotive Technology and Performance of Informal Sector Mechanics in Kenya. Journal of
Scientific Research and Development. Vol. Vi. July, 2004.
- 4). Isaac Mattemu Kithyo and Steve Petrina. (2005).Gender in School-to-School Transitions: How Students choose Career Programmes in Technical Colleges in Kenya. Journal of Teacher Education. Vol. 39. No. 2.
- 5). Osodo B.O, Ogola W.O, Ndambuki S. (2008). Turning Motor Vehicle Waste to Income .
International Journal of Pure and Applied Science. Vol 1 no. 3.
- 6) Clement Mbatha, Bonaventure W. Kerre, Isaac. Kithyo ((2011):The Role of Vocational Education and Training in Previous Reducing Recidivicm in Central Division, Kitui District, Kenya.
- 7)Kitainge Kisilu, Kithyo I.M. Paul Wanyeki (2011): Jua Kali Automobile Mechanics at work: Challenges of Lifelong Training in the Technological
Dynamic World. A Journal of Management, University of Africa, 2012. ISSN 2074-4730.
- 8) Wafula, Jimmy, Kitainge Kisilu (Ph.D), Kithyo, I.M. (Ph.D), Stephen Siamba (2011): Mechanical Technicians Training in Kenya: Its relevance to Modern Industry. Journal of the Management University of Africa, 2012. ISSN 2074-4730.
- 9) Mukasa Kafuluma, Simon Wanami, Kisilu Kitainge, Kithyo Isaac (2011): Factors affecting the Teaching of Technical and Vocational Education in Secondary Schools in
Uganda. A Journal of the Management University of Africa. ISSN 2074-4730
- 10) Kisilu M. Kitainge, Wiliam K. Koech kithyo I.M. (2012): Benefits of Supply Chain Management in the Manufacturing Sector.
Conferences and Workshops Attended
- March, 1999. I.T.E.A Annual Conference. Indianapolis, Indiana.
- 18th July, 2002. Sensitization of Key Stakeholders in Education, K.I.E.
- September, 2002. Seminar on Intellectual Property for Universities. Moi Univerity Eldoret.
- February, 2005. 1st Annual Conference and Partners meeting of Moi University. Eldoret.
- 4th – 6th October, 2011: Joint Drafting W/shop for Credit Accumulation and Transfer System. Organized by Commission for Higher Education.
- 27th May, 201: Mentoring Student Teachers in a Competitive Environment. Organized by the School Of Education, Moi University.
- 24th- May-25th may, 2012: Assessing Teaching Practice in a Competitive Environment. Organized by School of Education. Chepkoilel University College.
- 28th May-29th May, 2012: Stakeholders Workshop. Credit Accumulation and Transfer System. Organized by Commission for Higher Education.