B.Ed. (Nairobi), M.Ed. (Nairobi), Dip,Edu.Mngmt (KEMI), Ed.D. (Nairobi)
DOCTOR OF EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION (Ed.D)
CHAIR OF DEPARTMENT (COD) Department of Educational Administration and Planning,School of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences
Academic and professional profile
- I am a committed educator, dedicated in developing my skills in the field of education with high professional qualifications, [B.Ed., M.Ed., Dip.Ed. and Doctor of education (Ed.D)]. I am highly motivated in the pursuit of quality public education through research and committed teaching.
- A committed Educational Administrator currently serving as the Chairman of Department of Educational Administration and Planning, South Eastern Kenya University. I have served as Principal of secondary schools, Deputy Principal and Departmental in head in a secondary school.
- An educationist having been involved in training both undergraduate and post graduate students.3.Career aspiration:To become an accomplished researcher, educator and consultant in educational administration, Strategic Management in education, organizational management with reference to policy issues and Development, Labour relations, Organizational Behaviour, thesis supervision and Advanced Research Methods in Education and Social Sciences.
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D) : 2012-2015 – (University of Nairobi.)
- Diploma in Educational Management : 2010-2012 – (Kenya Education Management Institute)
- Master of Education (M.Ed) : 2009-2011- (University of Nairobi)
- B.Ed (Arts) : 1990-1995- (University of Nairobi)
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education : 1986-1989- (St.Pauls’ High School- Kevote . Embu)
- Kenya Certificate of Primary Education : 1976-1985 (Kiomo Primary School )6.Current Position
- Doctor of Education.(Educational Administration.)
- Chairman, Department of Educational Administration and Planning, School of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences South Eastern Kenya University
- Florence Nduku Nguli, Gideon M. Kasivu & Leonard M. Kamau (2018). Influence of Teacher Demographic factors on integration of Information Communication and Technology in teaching in ICT Champion Schools in Machakos Sub- County. Scholarly Research Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies,
Online ISSN 2278-8808, SJIF 2018 = 6.371, www.srjis.com NOV-DEC, 2018, VOL- 6
- Kithungu Rose,Kasivu Gideon,Gakunga Daniel (2016). Influence of students’ aspirations on choice of computer studies in public and private secondary schools in Machakos Sub-County.International Journal of Education and Research Vol 4 No. 8 August ,2016
- David Mulwa,Maurice Kimosop and Kasivu Gideon (2015). Participatory Governance in Secondary Schools; The students view point in Eastern Region of Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice.Nov.2015 Issue vol.6 No.30 2015 ISSN 2222- 1735.Online ISSN 2222-288X.www.iiste.org.
- Lewis Ngesu and Kasivu Gideon (2014). A Model Explaining Student Militancy in Secondary Schools in Kenya. International Journal of Innovation Research and Studies.(IJIRS).May,2014 Issue vol.3 No.54. ISSN 2319 9725.
- Lewis Ngesu and Kasivu Gideon (2014). Adult Education as a Blue Print toDevelopment in the 21st Century:An African Perspective. International Journal of Innovation Research and Studies) (IJIRS). ).May,2014 Issue vol.3 No.55ISSN 2319-9725
- Chairman Parents Association-Moi High School Mbiruri (Embu)
- Member of Board of Management Moi High School Mbiruri (Embu)
- Member of Board of Management – Kyevaluki secondary School (Kangundo)