Lecturer, School of Environment, Water and Natural Resource Management
- Aquaculture, Fisheries and Aquatic sciences.
- 2020; Ph.D. in Natural resources and Life Sciences - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Austria
- 2014; Masters in Water and Coastal Management - University of Cadiz, Spain
- 2013; Masters in Environmental Assessment and Management - Bologna University, Italy
- 2005; Bachelor of Science in Fisheries, Moi University, Kenya
Post Graduate Courses
- February - March, 2016; Responsible aquaculture, Wagenigen University. Netherlands
- February, 2016: Predoctoral training, At Vrije University Amsterdam, Netherlands
- October, 2015: Research and Action: The politics and practices of participation in the water sector. Western Capetown University. South Africa.
- July, 2015: Marine Conservation. Duke University, USA.
- February, 2015: Value chain Management, Bukura Agricultural College, Kenya.
- May, 2014: Introduction to the Natural Capital Project Approach. Stanford University, USA.
- May, 2013: Integrated tools to Determine Environmental Quality. University of Cadiz, Spain.
- June, 2012: Aquatic Processes and Applications. UNESCO-IHE, Netherlands.
- March, 2012: Aquaculture Production and Management. Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
- 8-10, September, 2019. Water First Workshop for African Women in Water Research and Policy. Accra, Ghana
- 26th-28rd November, 2018. Blue economy conference, Nairobi, Kenya
- 19th-23rd November, 2018. Conference on Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development in Dryland Environments, Umma University, Kenya
- 9th, - 14th July, 2018. Euro science Open Forum. Toulouse France.
- 6th, July, 2018. Young African Scientists in Europe. Toulouse France.
- 24th – 26th May, 2017. Value chain in Aquaculture. Thika, Kenya
- 2nd – 4th May, 2017. Development of Research and Proposal Writing Skills. Kitui, Kenya.
- 18th – 20th April, 2017. Workshop on Extension and Outreach. SEKU, Kitui, Kenya.
- 21st – 23rd March, 2017. Workshop on formulation of short courses in SEKU, Kitui, Kenya.
- 23rd – 25th November, 2016. East Africa Aquaculture symposium and exhibition, Nairobi.
- 26th – 27th October, 2016. Workshop on business plan formulation, SEKU. Kitui, Kenya.
- 19th – 23rd September, 2016. Ecosystem services Conference, Antwerp Belgium.
- 23rd – 27th May 2016. Aquaculture Practicals and Measurements. SEKU, Kitui, Kenya.
- 2nd – 6th May, 2016. Understanding Environmental and Social Standards & International Best Practices in Large-Scale Developments, Mombasa, Kenya.
- 25th – 28th, January, 2016. Hydrological Modelling, SEKU, Kitui, Kenya.
- 16th – 20th, November, 2015. Gender mainstreaming. SEKU, Kitui, Kenya.
- 25th – 30th, October, 2015. WIOMSA Symposium, Durban, South Africa.
- 09th, October, 2015. Quality Assurance, Ghent University, Belgium
- 30th, July, 2015. Federation's offshore drilling forum in New Bern, USA
- 19th – 26th, April, 2015. NICHE project review workshop in Belgium and Netherlands.
- 2nd – 6th, February,2015. Workshop on curriculum development. SEKU, Kitui, Kenya.
- 2017-2020; Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education & Research (OeAD-GmbH) Ph.D scholarship
- 2019; Elsevier Foundation African women workshop scholarship
- 2018; Euro science open forum scholarship- France
- 2019; The Netherlands Fellowship programs, Tailor-Made Training program - Makueni, Kenya
- 2016; The Netherlands Fellowship programs, Tailor-Made Training program, - Machakos, Kenya
- 2016; The Netherlands Fellowship programs, Short course, Wageningen University- Netherlands
- 2016; The Netherlands Fellowship programs, Short course, Vrije University – Netherlands
- 2015; The Netherlands Fellowship programs, Short course - South Africa
- 2015; Marine conservation fellowship – Duke University, USA
- 2012-2014; Erasmus Mundus joint master’s scholarship, Italy and Spain.
- 2012; The Netherlands Fellowship Programs, Short course - UNESCO-IHE
- 2012; Israel MASHAV Scholarship
- 2001; Kenya Governments university scholarship
- 2019: Netherlands Fellowship Program (TMT 18/00182) - Gender responsive capacity building on sustainable aquaculture production in Kenya – Makueni County
- 2016: Netherlands Fellowship Program (NFP-TM.16/194KEN)- Capacity building in sustainable and gender sensitive aquaculture sector in Kenya - Machakos County
- 2020 – Voice of America
- 2019 – Ene FM
- 2019 – KBC Mwatu FM
- 2018 – Ene FM
- Member, Organization of Women in Science and development
- Member, Africa Women in Science
- Member, Global Options and Linkages
- Paid Member, British Ecological Society
- Paid Member, The Ecosystem Services Partnership
- Paid Member, West Indian Ocean Scientific Association
- Life Member, Kenya Red Cross
- Member, Aquaculture Association of Kenya
Research, Scholarly, Professional and Scientific Activities
- Musyoka, S. N., Liti, D. M., Ogello, E., Meulbroek P. & Waidbacher, H. (2020). Using Earthworm, Eisenia fetida, to Bio-convert Agro-industrial Wastes for Aquaculture Nutrition. BioResources 15(1): 574-587
- Musyoka, S. N., Liti, D. M., Ogello, E., & Waidbacher, H. (2019). Utilization of the earthworm, Eisenia fetida (Savigny, 1826) as an alternative protein source in fish feeds processing: A review. Aquac. Res. 50. 2301-2315. DOI: 10.1111/are.14091
- Musyoka, S. N., Liti, D. M., Ogello, E., Meulbroek P. & Waidbacher, H. Earthworm, Eisenia fetida bedding as potential cheap fishmeal replacement ingredient for semi-intensive farming of Nile Tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus. Aquaculture research. 00, 1-10
- Musyoka, S. N., Liti, D. M., Ogello, E., Meulbroek P. & Waidbacher, H. Physicochemical properties of the agro-industrial wastes with the potential of culturing earthworm, Eisenia fetida and improving aquaculture nutrition. Journal of Bioresources 7(1): 1 - 10 (2020)
- Musyoka, S. N. and Mutia, G. M. (2016). The Status of Fish Farming Development in Arid and Semi-Arid Counties of Kenya: Case Study of Makueni County. European Journal of Physical and Agricultural Sciences Vol. 4 No. 3, 2016 ISSN 2056-5879
- Musyoka, S. N. and Vallejo, I. (2016). Types and Mechanisms of Microbial Bioremediation. Journal of Advanced Scientific and Technical Research 5(6).
- Musyoka, S. N. (2016). Concept of microbial bioremediation in Aquaculture. International Journal of Advanced Scientific and Technical Research 5;6
Address: South Eastern Kenya University.
P.O Box, 170 – 90200, Kitui, Kenya.