Contacts: Tel: +254712792101 Email: email@example.com
Specialization: Water and Environmental Engineering.
- 2012- to - date: PhD in Civil Engineering, University of Bristol, UK
- 2004 - 2006: M.Sc. in Soil and Water Engineering, Egerton University.
- 2000 - 2004: B.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering, Egerton University, Kenya
- 2012 - Present: Researcher (PhD. Student): Water and Environment Management Research Centre, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Bristol
- 2010 - Present: Assistant-Lecturer: Department of Hydrology and Water Resources Management, South Eastern Kenya University (on Study leave).
- 2008 - 2010: District Irrigation Engineer- Marsabit District, Kenya.
- Otieno, H & Onyando, J. O. (2012): Coupling AgNPS Model and GIS Tools to predict Peak Runoff and Sediment generation in the upper River Njoro catchment in Kenya. International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering (IJWREE) Vol. 4(12), pp.397-403.
- Otieno, H., (2011): Determinants of locals’ willingness to practice soil and water conservation measures in Marsabit mountain area, Kenya. Proceedings of the International Conference on East African Mountains (ICEAM), Mbale, Uganda.
- Otieno, H., Onyando, J.O. & Saenyi, W.W. (2006): Estimation of Peak Direct Runoff and Sediment Yield from the Upper River Njoro Catchment using AgNPS Model. Proceedings of the Soil Physics and Water Management (SOPHYWA) Conference, Vienna, Austria.
- Otieno H. (2005): Estimation of sediment concentration in runoff, using Remote sensing, GIS and AGNPS model, River Njoro catchment. Proceedings of the Kenya ESRI supported user group 2nd annual conference. Egerton, Kenya.
- Otieno H: Estimation of direct runoff and sediment yield in an AgNPS-GIS link. Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken, Germany. ISBN 978-3-659-31559-6.