Specialisation: Aquatic ecology, fisheries and aquaculture
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile phone: +254 722 276962
- 2009-2014: Ph.D studies in Marine Sciences, Institute of Marine Sciences, Zanzibar, University of Dar es Salaam
- 2004: Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Egerton University-Kenya
- 2004: International Postgraduate Certificate in Limnology (IPGL), Egerton University/Austrian Academy of Sciences
- 2002-2006: M.Sc. In Hydrobiology, School of Biological Sciences, University of
- 1996-1999: B.Sc. Zoology and Botany, Department of Zoology and Botany, University of Nairobi-Kenya
- 2010 –to- date: Lecturer, South Eastern Kenya University, Department of Fisheries Management and Aquaculture Technology, Kitui, Kenya.
- 2010 –to- 2014: Assistant Lecturer, South Eastern Kenya University, Department of Fisheries Management and Aquaculture Technology, Kitui, Kenya.
- 2009 - 2010: Fisheries Officer, Ministry of Fisheries Development
- 2005-2007: Graduate Research Assistant, VLIR-IUC-UoN Programme
- 2008 -2009: Kisima Trust
- 2004 -2005: Project Officer, HELP International
- 2007-2008: Conference Administrator (Kenya National Academy of Sciences
- 2003: Conference Administrator, Kenya Initiative for Development
- 2009 to-date: WIO-RISE (Western Indian Ocean Regional Initiative for Science and Education) Scholarship for a Ph.D study in marine sciences
- 2006: Earth watch fellowship, expedition of the Lakes of the East African Rift valley
- 2004 (May): Darwin Initiative Fellowship (UK) for the study of the taxonomy /biodiversity of Lake Bogoria game reserve
- 2005: Darwin Initiative Fellowship (UK) for the consideration of Lake Elmenteita into a Ramsar site.
- 2002-2004: VLIR-IUC- UON scholarship for a masters study on the fisheries of Lake Naivasha
Workshops and Conferences:
- 28th Oct -4th Nov 2013: 8th Western Indian Ocean Marine Science Association (WIOMSA) Symposium, Maputo, Mozambique
- 4th-9th October 2010: RISE students conference, Kopanong Conference Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 19th-22nd May 2010: Western Indian Ocean Regional Initiative in Science and Education (WIO-RISE) training workshop on scientific paper writing, Dar es Salaam
- 13th- 16th December 2009: Regional training Workshop on Resource mobilization, East Africa Water Association, Travelers Beach Hotel, Mombasa,
- 27th- 29th June 2008: Regional Workshop, held in Celebration of Scientific Revival day of Africa, Theme: Evidence–based Advice to Policy, Panafric Hotel, Nairobi.
- 18th to 21st July 2007: International Society for Conservation GIS Conference on Geospatial Technology for Biodiversity Conservation, UNEP Headquarters.
- 29th- 30th June 2007: International Conference on the Role of Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) and Pairing Scheme between parliamentarians and Scientists in East Africa, Panafric Hotel, Nairobi,
- 25th -30th June 2006: International workshop on Natural Geography In Shore Areas (NaGiSa) Western Indian Ocean sampling Protocol, Mombasa.
- 31st -4th November 2005: 11th International World Lakes’ Conference, at Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 3rd -6th December 2003: International Symposium on the Inauguration of East Africa- Austrian Water Association (EAAWA), Mukono, Uganda.
- Mutia G. M., Ntiba M.J., Mavuti K.M. and Omondi G.J., (2010): Some observations on the spawning patterns of Barbus amphigramma (Boulinger, 1908) in Lake Naivasha Kenya. Aquatic Ecosystem Health Journal. Vol 20.
- Mutia G. M., Ntiba M.J., Mavuti K.M.and Omondi G.J., (2010): The environmental factors affecting the distribution and abundance of Barbus amphigramma (Boulinger, 1908) in Lake Naivasha, Kenya.
- Mutia G. M (2011): Factors affecting the adoption of innovations by artisanal fishermen along the Kenyan coast (Proceedings of the 7th WIOMSA Scientific Conference).