- May 2016 – To Date: M.Sc. Integrated Water Resources Management (South Eastern Kenya University)
- 2012-2015: B.Sc.HydrologyandWaterResourcesManagement(SouthEasternKenya University)
- 2011: Diploma in Information Technology (St. Mary’s College of Professional Studies)
Membership to professional institutions
- Member of the Young Water Leader’s Summit(YWLS).
- Member of the Hydrology Society of Kenya(HSK).
- Member of Red-Cross Society of Kenya(RSK).
- Member of Meta Meta an InternationalNGO
- Researcher with the ASALI project inSEKU
- Researcher with Moringa ProjectSEKU
Imelda Njogu is an expert of Hydrology and Integrated Water Resources Management at South Eastern Kenya University, Kitui Kenya, with over three years of research and consultancy on Hydrology, Water Resources and Water shed Management at catchment and Ntional level in Parastatals, NGOs and Consultancy firms which include Tanathi Water Services Board (TAWSB),
SASOL, COCOON, ASALs Consultancy and Q-point Consultancy (Netherlands). The wide exposure to consultancy and research experience has exposed me to the planning, monitoring and evaluation, policy and legislative issues concerning rural development projects.
I have been a member of hydrologist in the several watershed management projects in the region which include the Upper Tana Catchment, Ewaso Ngiro North and Nzoia River basin. This includes projects on Sustainable Land Management, Water and Development and Management, water feasibility study,Irrigation and Drainage,Crop Water Demand Assessment,Catchment Area protection among others.
Parts of the country where I have worked:
Kitui, Makueni, Machakos, Kajiado, Murang’a, Nyeri, Nakuru, Embu, Kisumu, Kakamega and Siaya counties.
- 2016 –To date: South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU) -Graduate TeachingAssistant
- 2015 – May- August: Internship Tanathi Water Services Board (TWSB)
- 2015- Jan- April: ASALs Consultants- Research Assistant
- 2013-UWEZO-Enumerator and data analysis expert 2012- CODA consulting Group- Researcher