South Eastern Kenya University, Position: Tutorial Fellow
- Teaching and assessment of students. Administering examination items, participating in development of curriculum and mentoring students.Teaching units: Nutritional epidemiology, Nutrition in emergencies, Human nutrient requirements, Food legislation etc.
- Ongoing PhD at the University of Nairobi. Thesis ‘Effect of Nutrition Education based on Health Belief Model on the Nutritional Knowledge Attitudes and Practices. A case of Siaya County Kenya’
- Masters in Applied Human Nutrition, University of Nairobi. Thesis Hospital Malnutrition and causative factors among in-patients aged 6-59 months. A case of Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi
- BSc. Food Science Nutrition and Dietetics (First Class Honours) University of Nairobi.
MEMBERSHIP TO PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS /BODIES
- 2014 to date - Kenya Nutritionist and Dietician Institute
- 2017-to date Lead Researcher: Impact of Nutrition Education on the Knowledge Attitudes and Practices of People Living With HIV in Siaya County, Kenya.
- 2020-to date- Agri-nutrition program officer; Kenya crops and dairy market systems activity a five year program of the united states agency for international development USAID. Funded as part of Feed the Future, U.S Government global hunger initiative that helps to increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition.
- 2016-2018 Agri-Nutrition Consultant: Food Security Program for Ethiopia and Kenya (FOSEK), financed by the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The programs main objective is to improve food security in East Africa by increasing local agricultural production and the income of small scale coffee farmers in Kenya and Ethiopia.