Francisca M. MwangangiMPH (UoN), BScN (UoN)
School of Nursing Sciences and Public health
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. Box 170-90200, Kitui.
Cell No.: 0722988173
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND FELLOWSHIPS (*Registered and Licensed by the Nursing Council of Kenya.)
- PhD Ongoing - Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology
- Master of Public Health - University of Nairobi- 2012
- Penn-Rockefeller fellow on Women and girls’ health issues - University of Pennsylvania 2010-2011
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing - University of Nairobi-2002
- Prevention of mother to child transmission certificate - Ministry of health- 2008
- Enterostomal therapist - World Council of enterostomal therapists & AKUH -2008
- Oncology e- modules - Aga Khan University hospital- 2008
- Palliative care certificate (ToT) - KEPHCA-2014
- Research Ethics course - Family Health International Nairobi- 2007
- KCSE - Mbooni girls’ high school
EMPLOYMENT AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
|South Eastern Kenya University||
School of Nursing Sciences and Public Health
Chairman of department of Nursing
2015 to date
|Mount Kenya University||School of Nursing Sciences||Ass. Lecturer, researcher
Co-ordinatore-learning nursing program
|2012 to 2015
2012 to 2015
|The Presbyterian University of East Africa||Department of Nursing||Assistant lecturer||2009 to 2012|
|Aga khan University hospital- Nairobi||Nursing||Clinical nurse: Medical-Surgical department.
Awarded: Oncology nurse of the year 2008
|2005 to 2009|
|Kaplong School of Nursing||Nursing||Nurse tutor||2004 to 2005|
|Kenyatta National Hospital||Nursing||Internship||2003 to 2004|
- Health Needs Assessment for Bungoma County – 2018
- Heshima project (monitoring the abuse of women during childbirth)-2011.
- Developing program curriculums in health sciences for Universities/ institutions
PUBLICATIONS AND CONFERENCE RESEARCH ABSTRACTS PRESENTATION
- Daniel Muya Gachathi, Rosemary Okova, Francisca Mwangangi(2017). Access to health facility as a determinant of choice of place of birth among women of reproductive age in Murang’a County, Kenya. Kenyan Journal of Nursing & Midwifery Vol. 2, No 2.
- Gachathi Daniel, Okova Rosemary, MwangangiFransisca (2017). Sociodemographic determinants of place of delivery in Kandara Sub county–Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Volume 6 Issue 7.
- J. M. Mweu, F. M. Mwangangi et.al (2015). Injection Safety knowledge and practices among clinical health care workers in Garissa Provincial General Hospital. East African Medical Journal Vol. 92 No. 1.
- Mwangangi FM (2012). Uptake of Private Health Insurance among the formal employers in Nairobi’ University of Nairobi repository.
- Mwangangi F.M. (2011). Accessibility of healthcare in urban environments. In A.I Meleis, E. L. Birch and S. M. Wachter (Eds.), Women's Health and the World’s Cities (pg 200-227). Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania press
- April 2010- “When the hospital goes to the shopping malls; Creating sustainable partnerships to create access to breast and cervical cancer prevention services among women in urban environments”, presented at the International Congress on Women Health Issues in Philadelphia-Pennsylvania.
- September 2009- “Usefulness of Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) scores in ambulatory oncology in a resource scarce setting”: abstract presented at the 2009 AORTIC Conference in Dar-Salaam-Tanzania
- June 2009- “Usefulness of Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) scores in ambulatory oncology in a resource scarce setting”: abstract presented at the 2009 MASCC symposium in Rome
- 2008- Oral Presentation: “Preliminary Findings of Mass Breast Screening in Retail Outlets Using Clinical Breast Examination” presented at theKenya Association of Oncologists & Hematologists Conference in Mombasa-Kenya.
- 2008 –First Cancer Nursing Symposium Aga Khan University Hospital. Oral Presentation: “Hospital and Retail Outlets Partnership: Clinical Breast Examinations for Mass Breast Cancer Screening”.
- 2002- Research proposal development and presentation:”Knowledge, attitude and practice of family planning methods among women of reproductive age (15-49 years) in Makueni District-Kenya
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION MEMBBERSHIP
- AORTIC- Member of the membership committee
- BOM member in several Kenyan Secondary Schools
- Volunteer in numerous medical camps
- Mentor of youth
PROFESSOR MICHAEL KIPTOO
KENYA MEDICALTRAINING COLLEGE
FORMER DEAN, SHS-SEKU
PROFESSOR JOSEPH K. WANG’OMBE
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
UNIVERISTY OF NAIROBI
P.O BOX 30197,NAIROBI.
TEL: +254-2-2728719/+254 722770006
DR. JANE KARONJO
DEAN, SCHOOL OF NURSING,
MOUNT KENYA UNIVERSITY
P.O BOX 342-01000,