Lecturer, Department of Life Sciences. Specialization area is Biochemistry.Research Interest in Biotechnology – Genetic Engineering, Biochemistry, Gene manipulation and Food security.Has 3 years’ experience working in higher education
- The use of tissue culture and recombinant DNA techniques for the development of drought resistant tolerant pigeon peas.
- Mburu, K., Oduor, R., Mgutu, A, and Tripathi, L (2016). SILICON APPLICATION ENHANCES RESISTANCE TO XANTHOMONAS WILT DISEASE IN
BANANA. Plant pathology (65) 807-818.
- Mburu, K., Oduor, R., Mgutu, A, and Tripathi, L (2015). “An integrated approach for the control and management of banana bacterial wilt disease". Thesis
submitted in fulfillment for the award of PhD degree in Biotechnology.
- Mburu K.N., Odour R.O., Mgutu A.J. and Tripathi, L (2014). Silicon induced resistance against Banana Xanthomonas wilt disease. In the book of Abstracts of the 13th International conference on plant pathogenic bacteria (ICPPB). Shanghai,China pp 25.
- Silas D Obukosia, Esther Kimani, Mary Yeye, Florence Wambugu, Daniel Kamanga, Titus Magomere, Jim Gaffney, Njuguna Kenneth Mburu, Simon Gichuki, Rose Gidado, BO Solomon, Daniel Aba, Antony Aseta, Anthony Korir, Evans Mwasame Marc Albertsen, Che Ping, Zhao, Zuo-Yu, Christopher Ngichabe and Dominique Nzeve (2014). ´Regulatory Compliance: Confined Field Trial of Africa Biofortified Sorghum in Kenya and Nigeria and Impact of Gene Flow on the Environment´. International Symposium on the Biosafety of Genetically Modified Organisms (ISBGMO) held from 9-13 November 2014 at Cape Town South Africa
- .Mburu K.N., Odour R.O., Mgutu A.J and Tripathi L (2014). Silicon induced resistance against Banana Xanthomonas wilt disease. A poster presentation at the 13th International conference on plant pathogenic bacteria (ICPPB). Shanghai, China.
- Mburu K.N. (2007). ´The use of Phosphomannos isomerase gene as a selectable marker for the recovery of transgenic dryland Kenyan Maize genotypes´. A
dissertation submitted as part of fulfillment of Msc Studies, Kenyatta University.