Lecturer, Department of Life Sciences. Specialization area isBiochemistry.
Research interest in Bioremediation, agro industrial waste management for bio energy production, Biocatalysis, microbial community structure analysis, enzymatic system and water quality analysis. Has 11 years’ experience in higher education.
- May, 2018 to Date: Examination Coordinator Department of Biology, South Eastern Kenya University
- July 2017: Acting Chairman, Department of Biochemistry, South Eastern Kenya University
- April 2015 April, 2018: Examination and timetable Coordinator School of Pure and Applied Sciences, South Eastern Kenya University
- Oct. 2014-April, 2015: Examination Coordinator , Department of Biochemistry, South Eastern Kenya University
Publications iIn Peer Reviewed Journals.
- Asunta Mukami, Alex Ngetich , Cecilia Mweu, Mutemi Muthangya, Richard Oduor, Mathew Ngugi and Wilton Mbinda (2018). Rapid and efficient plant regeneration from shoot apical meristems of finger millet [Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn.] via direct organogenesis. African journal of Biotechnology. 17(29), 898-905.
- Asunta Mukami, Alex Ngetich, Cecilia Mweu, Richard O. Oduor, Mutemi Muthangya, Wilton Mwema Mbinda (2019). Differential characterization of physiological and biochemical responses during drought stress in ﬁnger millet varieties. Physiol Mol Biol Plants. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12298-019-00679-z
- Mutemi Muthangya, Anthony M. Mshandete, Mzee J. Amana, Suhaila O. Hashim, Amelia K. Kivaisi (2014). Nutritional and Antioxidant Analysis of Pleurotus HK 37 Grown on Agave Sisalana saline solid waste. International Journal of Research in Biochemistry and Biophysics 4(2) 5-12.
- Mutemi Muthangya, Anthony M. Mshandete, Suhaila O. Hashim, Mzee J. Amana, Amelia K. Kivaisi (2014). Evaluation of Enzymatic Activity during Vegetative Growth and Fruiting of Pleurotus HK 37 on Agave sisalana Saline Solid Waste. Journal of Chemical, Biological and Physical Sciences 4 (1) 247-258
- Mwandogo, O. Chigodi, Mutemi Muthangya and David, K. Samoei (2013). Phytochemical screening of Agave sisalana Perrine leaves (waste). International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology 4 (4) 200-2004.
- Muthangya M., Hashim S. O., Amana J., Mshandete A. M., Kivaisi A. K., (2013). Optimization of Pleurotus mushroom cultivation on saline sisal solid waste. World Applied Sciences Journal 23 (9) 1146-1150.
- Muthangya M., Hashim S. O., Amana J., Mshandete A. M., Kivaisi A. K., (2013). Auditing and characterisation of sisal processing waste: a bioresource for value addition. ARPN Journal of Agricultural and Biological Science. 8 (7) 518-524.
- Muthangya, M. and David Samoei (2012). Status of Water Quality in the Coal rich Mui Basin, in Kitui County, Kenya. ARPN Journal of Earth Sciences. 1 (2) 48-51.
- Abila, R., Muthangya, M., Mutuku, E., Mutati, K., Munguti, M., Musyoka, C. M. (2012) Physico - chemical and bacteriological quality assessment of shallow wells in Kitui town, Kenya. Journal of Environmental Science and Water Resources. 1 (2) 27 – 33
- Muthangya M., Mshandete A. M., Kivaisi A. K., (2009). Enhancement of anaerobic digestion of sisal leaf decortication residues by biological pre-treatment. ARPN Journal of Agricultural and Biological Science. 4 (4) 66-73.
- Muthangya M., Mshandete A. M., Kivaisi A. K., (2009). Two-steps biological pre-treatment of sisal leaf decortication residues for enhanced anaerobic digestion for biogas production. International Journal of Molecular sciences. 10:4805-4815.
- Muthangya, M. (2008) Enhancement of anaerobic digestion of sisal leaf decortications residues by biological pre-treatment. MSc. Thesis, (Biochemistry) University of Nairobi, Kenya.
- Muthangya, M. (2017) Utilization of Sisal Waste for Biotechnological Applications: Biogas, Organic Fertilizer, Mushrooms And Enzymes Production. PhD. Thesis, (Biotechnology) University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania