Tutorial Fellow, Department of Life Sciences. Specialization area is Biotechnology.
Additional responsibilities in the university
- October, 2017- March, 2018: Department of Life Sciences Examinations and Timetabling Coordinator
- 2016-2017: Masters Students Representative in the University Board of Postgraduate Studies
- 2014: Masters Scholarship by South Eastern Kenya University
- 2014: Graduate Teaching Assistant Job at South Eastern Kenya University
Both awards were as a result of I being the best student in the 2013/2014 graduating class in the School of Pure and Applied Sciences.
- 2009: Certificate of Merit in recognition of my highest achievement in the 2009 class
- Mbiri, J. W., Kasili, S., Kisangau, P. D., Musila, M. N., Ngugi, M. P., & Mbinda, W. M. (2016). Antinociceptive Properties of Methanolic Bark Extracts of Terminalia brownii in Wistar Rats. Journal of Pain and Relief 5: 5
- Mbiri, J. W., Kasili, S., Mbinda, W., Kisangau, P. D., & Ngugi, M. P. (2016). Anti-Pyretic Properties of Methanolic Bark Extracts of Terminalia brownii in Wistar Rats (Rattus novegicus). Journal of Pharmacognosy and Natural Products 2: 3
- Mbiri, J. W., Sichangi, K., Kisangau, P., Wilton, M., & Ngugi, M. P. (2016). AntiInflammatory properties of methanolic bark extracts of terminalia brownii in wistar albino rats. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research 8: 3
- Musila, M. N., Ngai, D. N., Mbiri, J. W, Njagi, S. M., Mbinda, W. M., & Ngugi, M. P.(2017). Acute and sub-chronic oral toxicity study of methanolic extract of Caesalpinia volkensii (harms). Journal of Drug Metabolism and Toxicology 8: 1
- Kimatu, J. N., Mutuli, W. M., Mbiri, J. W., Mweu, B. M., Musimba, N. K., & Nguluu, S.N. (2014). The dynamics of physical properties, seed moisture content, market economics and post harvest management of six bean varieties (Phaseolus vulgaris) grown in the sub Saharan region in Africa. Journal of Advances in Agriculture Introduction.