Tutorial Fellow, Department of Life Sciences. Specialization area isBiotechnology. Research interest in Biotechnology, Crop improvement for abiotic stress. Has 4 years’ experience working in higher education.
- September 2019: Tutorial fellow in the School of pure and applied sciences South Eastern Kenya University. Responsibilities: Training students, Setting,invigilation and marking exams. Pursue further training, studies and research
- August 2015 to date:Graduate Teaching Assistant in the School of pure and applied science South Eastern Kenya University. Responsibilities:Pursue further training, studies and opportunities, assisting lecturers in conducting practical and marking assignments, assisting researchers to carry out data collection, Invigilation and marking of exams.
- January 2015 to August 2015:Tutor, St. John Chrysostom Muvandori. Preparing students for KCSE in Biology
- January 2010toApril 2011: Librarian St. John Chrysostom Muvandori
Workshops and public lectures attended
- South Eastern Kenya University: Pedagogy Training Workshop. 19th April 2016.
- Kenyatta University Conference Centre, KU main campus: Workshop on sustainable utilization and conservation of wild sorghum for Striga resistance. 1st September 2017.
- Pwani University Workshop: Reconciling human livelihood needs and nature conservation. 22nd February 2017.
- South Eastern Kenya University: Cancer: Evidence based tips on reducing the risk.12th February 2019.
- South Eastern Kenya University: Food Security: Strategies for increased food production in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL). 27th February 2019
- South Eastern Kenya University: Understanding Wi-Fi, and its long term effects on human health. 5th February 2019.
- South Eastern Kenya University: New perspectives on functional diets. The case of tea. 30th January 2019.
- Mukami, N.A., &Wanzala, W. (2017) A study of Bioactivity of Solanum incanum L. Fruit Extracts on Microorganisms of the Oral Cavity.16(3).
- Alex Ngetich, Cecilia Mweu, Mathew Ngugi, Asunta Mukami, Henry Ojulong and Wilton Mbinda (2018). Efficient plant regeneration protocol for finger millet [Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn.] via somatic embryogenesis. African Journal of Biotechnology 17(21):660-667.
- Asunta Mukami, Alex Ngetich, Cecilia Mweu, Mutemi Muthangya, Richard O. Oduor, Mathew Ngugi and Wilton Mbinda. (2018). Rapid and efficient plant regeneration from shoot apical meristems of finger millet [Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn.] via direct organogenesis 17(29): pp. 898-905.
- Asunta Mukami, Alex Ngetich, Cecilia Mweu, Richard O. Oduor, Mutemi Muthangya, Wilton Mwema Mbinda. (2019).Differential characterization of physiological and biochemical responses during drought stress in ﬁnger millet varieties.1-10