- Fisheries management, Aquaculture technology and Aquatic sciences
- Ph.D in Natural resources. University of Vienna , Austria, Ongoing
- Masters in Water and Coastal Management, University of Cadiz (Spain) and Bologna University (Italy), 2014
- Bachelor in Fisheries, Moi University, 2005
Other Credentials/Recognitions & Awards
- Development of Research and Proposal Writing Skills. Kitui, Kenya. 2017
- Training Workshop on Extension and Outreach. Kitui, Kenya. 2017.
- Workshop on formulation of short courses in Aquaculture and Integrated water resource management. Kitui, Kenya. 2017.
- Responsible aquaculture, Wagenigen University. Netherlands, 2016;
- Predoctoral training, Vrije University Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2016;
- East Africa Aquaculture symposium and exhibition, Nairobi. 2016
- Understanding Environmental and Social Standards & International Best Practices in Large-Scale Developments. Mombasa Kenya. 2016
- European Ecosystem services Conference, Antwerp Belgium. 2016
- Training On Aquaculture Practicals and Measurements. Kitui, Kenya. 2016
- Workshop on formulation of business plan for the Centre of Excellence on Integrated water resource management and Aquaculture. Kitui, Kenya. 2016
- Hydrological Modelling, Kitui, 2016
- Research and Action: The politics and practices of participation in the water sector. Western Capetown University. South Africa. 2015
- Marine Conservation. Duke University, USA. 2015
- Gender mainstreaming. Kitui, Kenya. 2015
- Western Indian Ocean Science Association Symposium, Wild Coast Sun Hotel, South Africa. 2015
- the Federation's offshore drilling forum ‘Shaping our economic future’ in New Bern, USA, 2015
- World Sea food Expo, Brussel, Belgium, 2015
- Quality Assurance, Ghent University, Belgium, 2015.
- Aquaculture curriculum development. Kitui, Kenya. 2015
- Value chain management, Bukura Agricultural College, Kenya. 2015
- Introduction to the Natural Capital Project Approach. Stanford University, USA. 2014
- Integrated tools to Determine Environmental Quality. University of Cadiz, Spain. 2013
- Aquatic Processes and Applications. UNESCO-IHE, Netherlands, 2012.
- Aquaculture Production and Management. Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. 2012.
Current Professional/Scientific Interests, Memberships, and Activities:
- Paid Member, British Ecological Society
- Paid Member, The Ecosystem Services Partnership
- Paid Member, West Indian Ocean Scientific Association
- Life Member, Kenya Red Cross
- Member, Aquaculture association of Kenya
Research, Scholarly, Professional and Scientific Activities
- Musyoka, S. N. and Mutia, G. M. The Status of Fish Farming Development in Arid and Semi-Arid Counties of Kenya: Case Study of Makueni County. 2016
- Musyoka, S. N. and Vallejo, I. Types and Mechanisms of Microbial Bioremediation. (2016).
- Musyoka, S. N. Concept of microbial bioremediation in Aquaculture. 2016.
Address: South Eastern Kenya University.
P.O Box, 170 – 90200, Kitui, Kenya.